Thursday, November 08, 2007

AA.......

Tonite's meeting was on humility. I heard three different explanations of humilty. One was being able to ask for help, & then recieve it. Two, was being right with the world. Three was getting right sized. The third is my favorite one, it pretty much says it all, since we are dealing with our egos. I used to think that was for people who thot they were better than others. I found out for myself it is also for those who feel they don't measure up, feel less than. That is a form of ego, as well, & it still is judging, those who feel better than. I was always under the heap, but I did judge. It took alot of work to get humility...right sized.

There were four women there with over 20 yrs. sobriety. It's good to see they still go to meetings. We talked about that too, why they still come. They come because they still need to, but also because they still want to, & are still learning from everyone. We shared about how we all need each other, that we learn from each other, including the newcomer. Isn't it wonderful we don't ever graduate? We just keep learning, & changing, & growing. I love that. There was also a newcomer there, she heard good stuff. I was glad about that. I love it too, that we are all ages, from all walks of life, as it says in the BB, we are people who normally don't mix. We do in AA.

Well, the week end is coming up, hope you all have a great one.

1 Comments:

At 10:49 AM , Blogger Namenlosen Trinker said...

Sharon,

This post inspired me to write my own on the topic of humility. You might be interested in reading it.

Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home