Tuesday, November 06, 2007

IDEA OF GOD......

To Thine Own Self Be True....man that's hard to do! I get caught up in other people's bullshit, well, mine too. To be true to my relationship with my HP....man that's hard to do! I didn't have an understanding of my HP, not even a little bit, how could I be true to it? So, I've tried, & am still trying to be true to the steps, they will lead me to a better understanding. What my idea of what God is, & is not. I've been reading a book on love, the many different kinds of love there is, & one is love of God. That gave me a better understanding. God is love, truth, & justice, period. God isn't a father, a mother, or any such thing, according to this book. It sure makes sense to me, moreso than any explanation I've heard. Love, truth, justice. That we can strive for, to put into action, & live it. The fact that I'm human means I'm going to fail at times, I'm not going to be perfect at it, but hopefully I will learn from my mistakes, & I keep that ideal foremost in my mind & heart. How simple is that? Hard to do, tho. The steps teach me honesty, responsibility, integrety, tolerance, respect, & so on, & the courage to do this thing one day at a time. I'm not trying to push this on you, or any particular belief, I just wanted to share. What do you think? You know, I realize now that my parents, in their own way tried to teach me this, they didn't know quite how either, but they had the idea. I believe we all do. I think that is what the BB is talking about when is says we have the fundemental idea of a God inside us all, we just need to seek it, & be true to it.

1 Comments:

At 12:29 AM , Blogger Shadow said...

yip, you siad it, we are all human and make mistakes. as long as we learn from them we'll all get where we need to be i'm sure... glad to hear you're sounding better. hope you are!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home