Sunday, October 28, 2007

BLOGGING.....

I'm thinking of creating another blog. Why? Because mine isn't really anonymous, it has my name on it. Some of the locals know about it, I therefore can't really be free in what I write, because I don't want them knowing my business. I don't want them to know how I'm feeling, or what I'm thinking. It's not even that so much as just being able to be anonymous. I don't think I want a name pursee on my next blog, because a name could conjure up certain ideas, or memories of someone you know, or knew by that name. I want you to be free when you read my posts, I want to promote free thinking, I'm looking for objectivity as well. Do you understand what I am saying? I have grown attached to Sharon's Journey tho, & like seeing my name when you send comments to ME, Sharon. It's endearing to me. So, I'll keep this one, & create a whole other one. Can I think of enough to write about tho? It doesn't matter, I'll write when I write, it doesn't have to be timely. Oh but, I'll have to also create a different style of writing, they, the locals, might recognize me. I like the fellow traveler, & I like Sharon's Journey, but maybe I want to write about something else besides my recovery, I don't know. Michael got me to thinking about this, from reading his most recent blog. It would be fun, that's the bottom line. Having fun with this, having a creative outlet, & I really do get so much from the comments made, as well as the other blogs. I love blogging, & reading others. It enhances my recovery so much. I love that my world got so much bigger from blogging. I read from people all over the world! That is sooo cool. Another reason for creating another blog, is that, sometimes, several times a day I think of something to blog about, well, who wants to keep up with that? I, after all, don't want you to miss any!

6 Comments:

At 6:34 PM , Blogger Pammie said...

Hi SHARON :)
I've made so many grand gestures on my blog saying that It's not just about recovery...but I do write a lot about recovery...so I don't know.
I guess the things that we want to really keep Private...need to be written in a diary somewhere, Blogging really is for public consumption. I've never told my grown children about my blog..I hope they don't find it...not really sure why, but I think it's because I write as Pam....and they know me as Mom...kinda two different people..ya know?

 
At 9:14 PM , Blogger sharonsjourney said...

Yea, that makes sense. I don't know why I don't want people to know my feelings, I mean that's kinda what recovery is all about. We don't hide our feelings anymore, & that's nice. I just won't post about any person, say if I have a resentment against them. I did that on a couple of my blogs, & I was out of line. That kind of stuff needs to be talked about with my sponsor.

 
At 11:37 PM , Blogger Shadow said...

i agree with pam, why should your blog be purely about recovery. after all, recovery entails all aspects of your life, so why can't your blog? but if you want another one, go for it... who says you can't have 2?!?!?!

 
At 6:53 AM , Blogger sharonsjourney said...

I've thot it over, & I think for now I'm going to just stay with this blog. It doesn't all have to be about recovery, tho it is foremost in my life. But, I can write about anything, & everything, it's my blog...cool. I'm still kinda new at this. Thanks for your input.

 
At 6:53 AM , Blogger Michael said...

Hi Sharron,
Lots of people where I work and in my village know about me and my blog, as do people at my AA meeting.
I am not bothered about anonymity, but I respect other peoples, sometimes I get strange looks but well so what, they know I am mad anyway!

 
At 7:23 AM , Blogger sharonsjourney said...

That's funny, you get strange looks. Well, as long as you know & accept that you're mad, it's ok if everybody else knows too. I like that. I'm going to adopt that attitude. Recovery is not about hiding anymore. You can't please everyone, don't even try!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home