Friday, November 02, 2007

STAYING ON MY MEDS.......

I'm here to tell you, if you are on meds, don't all of a sudden go off them. It's catching up with me, not being on my meds. I just started taking them again a couple of days ago. I'm a mess. I did ok at first, but I'm not now. I will be ok when I get stabalized back on them. I'm in a constant state of anxiety, there's no in between in my moods. I'm either feeling 'high', or am depressed. I didn't sleep for twe nites in a row, then slept for 21/2 days to catch up. My house is a mess, my head is a mess. I just have to ride this out. I have an appt. with the psychiatrist mon. morning. I can hardly type, cause I'm so shaky. I know better than to do this, I've done it before, & went thru the same thing. I get scared when I'm like this. I can't concentrate. I will be ok tho, that I know, & knowing that helps me get thru this. My friends are helping me too. The other day, one helped talk me down, & let me know, he was there for me whenever I needed help. He stopped by my place yesterday, cause I isolate when I'm like this, but I was sleeping then. I'm not able to write much for a time. Except this, & that is to let anyone know, who is thinking about doing this, not to. If you want to go off your meds, do it gradually with a drs. help. I know better. I think I'm just going to stay on mine, I found out I need them, tho sometimes, I think I don't. You all have a good week end. My days will be getting better as I stay on my meds.

3 Comments:

At 9:03 AM , Blogger Syd said...

I forgot my meds a couple of times and was without them for a few days. I had bad dreams at night and mood swings. I attributed it to stopping the meds suddenly. Tapering off is definitely the way to go. I don't forget them anymore.

 
At 9:30 AM , Blogger sharonsjourney said...

Yea, I've had terrible mood swings! And anxiety. I was off them for a 11/2 mos. DSHS was late getting my papers back, so I had no choice. I hope that never happens again! But then, I decided to stay off a little longer, that this was a good time to go off, since I already was, in a matter of a few days longer, I was a mess! I'll be ok tho, when I get stabalized. In the meantime, I'll have to ride it out.

 
At 2:08 AM , Blogger Shadow said...

hey! hope you feel better soon! i don't know what you were on, but i stopped my anti-depressants about a month and a half ago. i tampered off the last month by taking 1 every second day and when they were finished, that was it. i haven't felt any different fortunately. but as i said before, since i started taking them, i never felt any different. my friend is taking the same kind and says she feels a marked difference. since was the 2nd type i tried, and both didn't do anything, so i guess i'm immune to the stuff....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home