Sunday, October 28, 2007

I AM ON A ROLL.....

I am on a roll today! This is my third post. And yet I would like to get comments on my other two. I just got to thinking, I wrote about not wanting people (esp. locals) to know my feelings, or what I'm thinking. That's not recovery. Recovery to me, is about not hiding my feelings, or what I think (well, sometimes) learning to get them out, & let people in. Learning to take that risk. Not everyone is going to like me, or agree with me, & what I need to know is that, that is ok. It doesn't necessarily mean they don't like me, & even if they don't...oh well. And just because someone doesn't like me, doesn't mean I have to not like them. Know what I mean? Liking someone is not contingent on whether or not they like me. How does that saying go? We agree we can disagree. I've seen this in service work. It blew my mind! A room full of alcoholics disagreeing, some of them yelling at each other, they can get quite passionate! At the end, they all hug, & say the Serenity Prayer together! Awesome. I don't have to take everything personal. It's the issue at hand, that's all. But I do think it would be fun to start another blog, I don't know what about tho, other than recovery. What else is there? We were discussing AA being, or not being your whole life. Well, it is mine, & that's ok. You see, I don't have family here, I'm retired, so I don't do things with people I work with anymore. I really don't have any other outlet. Church just doesn't do it for me, I'll admit, that's my prejudice, for one, I'm not good enough, & for the other, I just don't fit in. And AA is all inclusive. There's the old timers, which is nice, cause you've known them for a long time, they've seen you at your worst, & grow from that. Then there is always newcomers, so you have an ever growing family. Another things is, there is no graduation, which means we never quit learning from AA, from each other. Oh, that's another thing! We are teachers & students to each other. What better way to learn. And we know that we keep growing, we keep changing. What got us down one day, can make us stronger the next. I get to be a part of that. We are truly a society, & the goal is to learn together, love & tolerance.

5 Comments:

At 11:33 PM , Blogger Shadow said...

it's rare and really special, when you find a friend whom you can be truly honest with, whom you can agree to disagree with, on all sorts of subjects...

 
At 6:54 AM , Blogger Michael said...

Have you changed your mind then about an anonymous blog?

 
At 7:19 AM , Blogger sharonsjourney said...

I don't know. That would be fun, & different. It'd be a whole new experience. So, I'm thinking maybe. Someone helped me set up this blog, I don't know if I can do it on my own, don't know enough about it. Guess I could learn tho, hu? That would be cool.

 
At 12:48 PM , Blogger Syd said...

It's hard for me to open up to people outside of the fellowship. I don't think that they really understand.

 
At 3:07 AM , Blogger Shadow said...

happy halloween!!!! i'm so jealous we ain't got that in sa... hope you got lots of sweets to hand out...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home