Sunday, October 28, 2007

SUNDAY MORNING SPIRITUAL MEETING.....

I just got home from my home group meeting, which is a sun. morning breakfast meeting, & I love it. I love the group of people that go to that, & there's just something about a sun. morning spiritual meeting, that is glorious, to me. I can take on life now. Is how I feel coming out of that meeting, I get the spiritual food. We, most of the time pick a topic from the BB. This morning it was from the 'Family Afterward'. Those of us who have spent much of time in the world of spiritual make believe have eventually seen the childishness of it. This dreamworld has been replaced by a great sense of purpose, accompanied by a growing consciousness of the Power of God in our lives. We have come to believe, He would like to keep our heads in the clouds with Him, but that our feet ought to be firmly planted on earth. That is where our fellow travelers are, and that is where our work must be done. These are the realities for us. We have found nothing incompatible between a powerful spiritual experience, and a life of sane and happy usefulness. The person who picked that topic said, his sponsor had him read that often. I'm going to. I needed that reminder of why I am sober, and why I am in AA. I need to pass on the gift given to me, and carry the message. I forget that, and get caught up in the world of me, and what is going on with me, and my childish resentments, or whatever. I must remember, I can always be of help to another, that is my purpose in this life, and on this road of happy destiny. That gives me usefulness. I didn't have that in my world of make believe. What a gift!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home