Monday, October 08, 2007

I OWE AN AMENDS........

I owe an amends to people who go to church, for calling them dogooders. That was being judgemental, & I apolojize for that. I have friends that are Christain, & are not dogooders at all. They are genuine people, most of them are in recovery, but not all.
If you read this, please except my aplology. I was going by the Christains who tried to shove their religion down my throat when I was growing up. They were dogooders, & not open minded at all, & I got the brunt of it, so I judged all Christains by them. I have learned otherwise, since. I gave this God business a little more thot, & maybe I need to be a more accepting of HIm, & His love for me. I think He would like that. That would certainly give me more peace.

4 Comments:

At 10:55 PM , Blogger Shadow said...

i was also like you, hesitant about christians cause they always preached to me. but i've also come to realise that not all christians are like that. and that changed my perception of religion too.

thanks for your comments and encouragement my side. by the way, no, i haven't read the bb and don't go to meetings. i went to rehab, aa just doesn't feature where i live. what i know of aa i've picked up on the blogs here. and to me, anything that works, in whatever programme, i use to help myself get there. i consider my blog a sort of on-line therapy, if you get my thinking. so thanks for all your advice! i truly appreciate it!

 
At 7:26 AM , Blogger Most of Martha Woodroof in one place said...

Hey. Lovely, lovely amends. I can struggle with the same issue.

 
At 10:34 AM , Blogger Syd said...

I accept the spirituality of the program but don't feel a need for religion. I accept God as my Higher Power but have no need to go to church.

 
At 11:58 AM , Blogger molly said...

i heard something recently and can not recall the exact wording - but it had something to do with religion versus spirituality.. and how they relate but are completely opposite in true meaning. I've known MANY a "religious" type, but it's pretty amazing to recognize & meet a truly "spiritual" individual :) BIG ole difference! great post!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home