Saturday, August 11, 2007

TORN...

I am always so torn when I have to leave my sister, & Portland. I love Portland, & I especially love my sis, & want to live near her. So when I leave I have mixed feelings. I'm glad to get back to my friends, & AA, but I hate to leave her, & Portland. Our mom, dad, & little brother are gone, & we're all we have. I'm like on a high when I'm there, I only get to see her 2 or 3 times a year. I'm still on a high when I get back, then I start feeling the let down. Then too, I don't go to meetings while I'm there, so I'm missing them. It takes me a little while to settle in when I get back. MY fear of people comes back, feeling like an outsider, not belonging, all that stuff. It's amazing how short of time away from meetings it takes for all the insecurities to come back. It isn't anything anybody does, it's all inside of me. Then the lonliness comes. I go thru this every time. I am going to be praying to my HP about moving to Portland. The main thing is, I don't know if I can afford to live in the city. But the other thing is, I have a trememdous support system here. I have a circle of friends I love, & who love me, they are lifelong friends, & that takes a long time to accomplish. But then, I want to be near my sis. She is so dear to my heart, & I am her. She's leaving it up to me to decide, because she knows what I would be leaving, & she truly does have my best interest at heart. Any suggestions? I've missed you all too, didn't get on the computer much while there.

How do you like my new blogsite, & blog title? I thot I would get something a little more pleasant on the eyes, it's easier to read hu? I'm still Sharon's Journey, just my blog title is different. Let me know what you think. Hope to hear from all of you. Love & respect each other.

8 Comments:

At 11:24 PM , Blogger ArahMan7 said...

Gee, I thought I'm in the wrong place! Same url with different title. That's good. And there's also my link. Thank you, Sharon.

BTW, if you needed anything, just holler out my name, and I shall come arunning!

Greetings and lotta loves from Malaysia.

 
At 3:42 AM , Blogger Shadow said...

i did a double take first, thinking this looks all wrong. but it's not. it's still you. it's nice. i like it. and i love the new name!

 
At 7:57 AM , Blogger Meg Moran said...

I love the new look. Where we live and when to make a change is such a big decision S. I'm thinking about the names for your blog that you have chosen "Sharon's journey.... and Fellow Traveler" ...as though you have already accepted that moving on might be the right thing. I think the only advice I can ever offer is ask for God's will in prayer and then be willing to pay attention for answers in Meditation. Love and Hugs

 
At 9:40 AM , Blogger lushgurl said...

Hey Sharon...yup, I know I've been a baaaad blogging buddie lately, it's NOT because I've discovered a new free-on-line computer game!!!!
I don't even know where to start- new bloggy looks fab, did you do it all by self?
Umm, sister huh? I have one. I don't even know what will happen when my mom passes. Right now the only time I see my sis is on holidays and such. My mom lives with my sis and bro-in-law in another city...
No advice from me, just follow your heart, with HP's help...
love ya lots, and thanks for the kick in the butt!!!

 
At 3:01 PM , Blogger Shannon said...

I am glad you got to see your sis, sorry it was bitter sweet. I do love the look of your blog

 
At 1:02 PM , Blogger Most of Martha Woodroof in one place said...

Just wanted to stop by and thank you for your post on HP. It was thoughtful and meaningful to me. Thanks for doing it.

And I like the new look a lot. I'm a huge fan of restful.

I'm happy you are so close with your sister. I wish I were closer to mine.

 
At 6:57 AM , Blogger Krista said...

Thanks for popping in and saying hi to me on my first blogging day, it means a lot. I'm sorry to hear about your struggle about wanting to move to Portland and still loving your fellowship at home. I think that life is short and you should do what's in your heart, which seems to me to be an incredible love and yearning to be with your sister. You can always stay close with all of the friends you have at home. Its none of my business, just its so clear how much your sister means to you.. Well, I hope that God can help you in your decision. Stay strong today and check me out, I'll be writing everyday. Take care.

 
At 10:51 AM , Blogger Namenlosen Trinker said...

I'm so new to your blog that I never saw the old one, LOL. But it looks nice and I like the title.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home