Thursday, August 09, 2007

MY TRIP.....

I had a wonderful time with my sis, just got back yesterday evening. One of the things I did was spend a whole day in Powell's Book Store, which is one of the largest book stores in the country, maybe world. It is huuuge! In a day I looked at & bought a whole bunch of books. I got some by Willeam James, Eric Fromm, I got The Invitation, & The Call, by Oriah, just to name a few. I want to read them all now. I'm starting out with The Invitation, & How Now...100 ways to celebrate the present moment, by Raphael Cushnir. I also got Meditation in Action. These are a treasure. And of course I went to the AA store, & bought some AA dictionaries, an extra BB, & the small edition of the first 164 pgs, & some book markers with the index on them. I'm going to give some to friends, & share some, but I was mostly selfish in getting all these books for myself. I usually buy things for friends, I didn't this time, cuz I spent too much on the books, & that's ok.

I also found this great second hand store that takes trade ins, they have cool clothes, & shoes, & bags. I got a couple of things there.

But mostly, I had a good visit with my sis, whom is dear to my heart, I am hers too. She always cooks one of our fav meals that our mother used to cook, & makes a delicious banana cream pie! What a treat.

The drive is beautiful, with the columbia river, some mountains, some desert, some forest, in other words, a little bit of everything.

My life just keeps getting better! I didn't think I could ever be happy, but I am today. I'm not saying I don't have bad days, or get the blues, I do, but even that is better than in my drinking days. There was a time I was happy, but things kept getting worse. Once I strated on that downward spiral, there was no stopping it, it got really ugly. I'm not saying either, I never had good times..I did. I get ephoric recall about them, I go ahead & let myself, & enjoy the high, but I don't drink or use over it.

It's good to be home, & see my friends, & go to meetings. Hope to be hearing from you. Love each other

2 Comments:

At 2:21 AM , Blogger Shadow said...

you sound so happy!!!! and people that can walk into a bookshop and buy only one book are nuts. i loooove buying books to, but unlike you, i 'escape' with non-fiction...

welcome home!!!

 
At 4:43 AM , Blogger Pammie said...

I love getting new AA lit. Sharing and keeping some. My husband and I are going to the book store today, and stocking up...yahoo.
Glad your visit went well. It's great to visit with family when we are sober.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home