Thursday, July 26, 2007

LIFE IS GOOD......

Today was a wonderful day. It started out talking for an hour to my ex sponsor. The whole conversation was about recovery, I love that. Then, her & I & our sponsor, & her sponsee, & my sponsee went out of town to a noon meeting. It was refreshing to see new faces. We dropped everyone off & her & I stopped by a friend of mine, & they really hit it off. They are both world travelers, & intellectuals, knew some of the same books & arts. I just kept looking at one, then the other as they were talking, it was interesting. There was a time in my life that would have intimidated me, I would have shrunk, that's ego. But it didn't at all. That was a wonderful discovery, among other things.

My ex sponsor (the one that went back out) & I have a different relationship now, & it's better. Instead of sponsor sponsee, we're friends, & sisters in recovery. I'm getting to know a different person, & I like her more. We really are connecting on a deeper level. It's exciting! We're going to start meeting once a week with a couple other friends to study the BB. I can hardly wait to get started. Life is good!

6 Comments:

At 9:29 AM , Blogger Meg Moran said...

"Sharon's Journey" really is becoming quite a journey of discovery.... In the end we all learn the amazing fact we are all just alcoholics & addicts helping each other 1 day at a time. Yeah, life IS good huh?

 
At 10:42 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Good stuff. Really good stuff.

Hope your having a great weekend.

G~

 
At 4:01 PM , Blogger Most of Martha Woodroof in one place said...

life IS good, now that we can relax a bit and just live some of the time. thanks for the post.

 
At 6:44 AM , Blogger lushgurl said...

Hi Sharon, my gurl friend! You are really doing so well in your recovery, your insight and compassion for others is inspiring!
Love to you today...

 
At 8:53 AM , Blogger ArahMan7 said...

Hi Sharon. Allow me to make your life even better. Drop by my blog. I got something for you over there.

Come on over, I shall be waiting for you.

Greeting and lotta loves from Malaysia.

 
At 4:39 PM , Blogger ArahMan7 said...

Aa Sharon. It's good to hear from you. No problem. You'll be getting my personal teaching and make yours to be one of the best.

You can email me by clicking the "Email Me" button located at the topmost of my blog.

When I said there is something for you, read the message located on the left sidebar with the mailbox image on it.

I can't wait to begin...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home