Wednesday, July 18, 2007

A SPIRITUAL DAY......

Do you ever have moments when you feel real? I've felt that a few times, ever so fleetingly. That happened today. I did part of my 5th step..I'm going across, in doing my 4th step. Anyway, I just came from a meeting where a guy shared, & he told part of my story. I came from the streets, I slept in my car, I slept at the bus station, I wore other people's clothes, I drank Night Train. I've come so far, by the grace of God, AA, the fellowship, & my blogger friends, I am learning to be real, I'm learning who I am (that is coming slowly). When he shared, it took me back to that person who drank & drugged, & was so self destructive, self abusive. I could separate myself from that person, & feel compassion for her, she was in so much pain! You see, I just want to be real, the good, the bad, the ugly, the wonderful, everything. I don't want to put on 'a face' anymore. I guess that comes with honesty. Maybe that's part of where it came from too, doing my 4th & 5th step today. Yes it is. It was pretty awesome. Oh, too, I'm happy about this woman, who has been in & out, come into the meeting tonite. She has been struggling for a long time now, & she just got back from treatment, she went to one of the best. I'm hoping she's here to stay this time. It was good to see her. There's another woman in the program, who doesn't have alot of time, but boy is she growing! It's fun to watch her, & be a part of that. Then, I got another sponsee, she & I had a good talk today. That's awesome. Today has been a good day, a spiritual day. You have a good one, & keep on keepin' on. Thanks for your support.

4 Comments:

At 5:41 AM , Blogger Shadow said...

isn't that what pushed us to where we are now, partly, maybe... to be able to feel, to really feel, to truly feel? and then came the process of having to go through what you feel and decide if that is really you, or who you have decided to become or how you have conditioned yourself to be...

 
At 9:33 AM , Blogger sharonsjourney said...

Who I am, who I will be, the choice is mine, isn't it? Thank you Shadow, for reminding me, I have a choice.

 
At 7:11 PM , Blogger Pammie said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog darlin. It is so inspirational to watch new women come in..you are so right. When I got here, I never expected my life to be this different....but the women before me kept encouraging me. You will never know the impact you have on other women....just show the love.

 
At 3:14 AM , Blogger Michael said...

Hi Sharron,
I always think its a fantastic feeling seeing people get well in AA. No I am not a Jehovas Witness its just they gave me this book about God meeting Science and it reminded me of one of your recent posts thats all.
Step four and five we leave the past behind, and learn to live in the now dont we.
I love AA

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home