Monday, July 30, 2007

BOOKS, MUSIC, & GOD.....

I love books, & I love any kind of book on recovey, spirituality, philosophy, or anything that catches & keeps my attention. I just bought a taller bookcase. I still don't have room to put them all out, there are several boxes of them. I'd like to put them out, but I don't have room for another bookcase. I have self help books, books on recovery, books on philosophy, medical books, Bibles, novels, household, psycology. I haven't had the time lately to read, I've been quite busy. I love music too. Rock 'n' Roll is my mainstay, esp. classic rock. I like all kinds of music. I like even some country, but not much, & I can't listen to it for very long. In fact, I don't. So maybe I don't really like it, after all. There's so many styles of music. Rock covers an awful lot, it has a wide variety. It's spiritual, emotional, intelligent, I take it in very deeply..to the soul. It helped me to keep my sanity, it helped me not to sink in my depression, it made me happy, it made me sad, it made me feel, it made me think, it made me question, it connected me to you, it connected me to me, it connected me to God. It made me high. I used to play it all the time. I don't play it much anymore, I don't know why, sure isn't cuz I don't still love music, I don't know. You know the saying, 'Be still & know there is God'. I seem to like silence quite alot these days, & I'm still, in the moment. God, to me is in silence, in books, in music, in people, in nature, in the wind, I don't want to miss a moment with God. But that's up to me, in my openess, my awareness. Am I making any sense? I would like to hear from you all. Your feelings, your thots on this.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 3:04 AM , Blogger Pammie said...

I use many sources to stay connected to God, and music is one of them. My daughter in recovery plays Whale Sounds to meditate and she says it's the ONLY way she can stay focused. Excellent post today darlin'.

 
At 11:12 AM , Blogger ArahMan7 said...

Your taste in books and music are exactly the replica of mine. Are we connected in some way?

 
At 1:20 PM , Blogger sharonsjourney said...

I believe so, Noor.

 
At 12:03 AM , Blogger Shadow said...

i read a lot too. but only non-fiction. it's my form of escapism. i think the last time i read fiction was in school...

music i just loooove. and i like anything except jazz and country. it's also my way of 'expressing' how i feel. and of dealing with my emotions.

but silence has a very important place in my life. i prefer to spend an afternoon reading in complete silence. i get easily distracted by noise, any noise, music, tv, whatever, so silence is the thing for me when i read. and i love to just sit outside and listen to the sounds of birds, nature, cars, neighbourhood dogs, etc too. and then my imagination takes over, and i build up all kinds of scenarios about the sounds i hear...

 
At 9:53 AM , Blogger Meg Moran said...

I am ALL about music...it takes me places I can't go without that inspiration. I love to rock out, I love to listen to lyrics. I like to listen to old stuff and remember certain times in my life. But I totally "get" what you are saying. Sometimes I just put it down and get quiet for awhile. I think we "intuitively know" what our soul needs to feed itself. The books and music are there for my heart and soul and I can pick them up, or not....I think life and recovery is all about phases and changes and then circleing back again. Wow...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home