Friday, July 06, 2007

I HAD AN EPIPHANY......WOO HOO!

This is in reference to my previous 2 posts, also to the Daily Reflections today.

IDENTIFYING FEAR

The chief activator of our defects has been self centered fear.

I was in fear, I didn't realize it until yesterday, & I was even able to name them this morning, thanks to some comments, & the Daily Reflection today. Let me start over. I wrote a post yesterday about some of my pet peeves in AA. After I wrote it, I almost deleted it, for fear of being judged, & repremended. I wasn't, the comments were very gentle & allowed me to have my pet peeves, but pointed out a better way, ever so lovingly. I, however wasn't so loving when I wrote about them (pet peeves). I recognized that. Anyway, that got me on the fear track. I didn't know that was what I was doing when, in my 2 posts afterward I wrote about my 4th & 8th step, & as I was writing, I had an epiphany concerning the whole thing, fear was at the basis of all this confusion I created. I love these God shots. So, I've been bumped up, in my awareness of my fears, my complicating matters, till I'm confused, that's what my disease wants, it wants me confused, it doesn't want me to work the steps. AAAAh, I feel lighter. Thanks, to those who stop by my bloggy (I'm borrowing that from Lushgurl, hope you don't mind).

You all have a good one, Keep on Keepin' on.

9 Comments:

At 3:19 PM , Blogger lushgurl said...

Hey gurl! Well after I read this post, I laughed for the first time in days! THANK YOU... I have been feeling yucky, so insyead of blogging and blog-stalking and calling people, I've chosen to sit in my poop all by self.
Fear is a biatch huh? So is anger.
And yes it is OK, you can borrow anything you want from me anytime! I love ya gurl friend...together we can do this thing!!!

 
At 3:26 AM , Blogger Recovery Road London said...

Nice blog. Saw you at Noor Azman's place.

I think the program is strong enough to survive any criticisms from you or me or her or him or them..lol. I've never been backward in asking questions and challenging assumptions - it's how I learn and, ODAAT, stay sober.

I like the 'Old AA' post as well.

Thanks for sharing and helping me stay sober another day.

Kenny
London

 
At 4:24 AM , Blogger Shadow said...

it's wonderful you worked things out!

 
At 7:55 AM , Blogger sharonsjourney said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 1:20 PM , Blogger ArahMan7 said...

I'm glad Kenny (RecoveryRoad) found you. Now you friends included one from the UK.

"I experienced an epiphany, a spiritual flash that would change the way I viewed myself" - Frank Maier.

 
At 7:01 AM , Blogger sharonsjourney said...

To AB, in case you vist my blog, just to let you know, I GET it.

 
At 3:07 PM , Blogger Most of Martha Woodroof in one place said...

This was a wonderful post. And don't every, ever shy away from a good verbal splat with program people-- especially when fear is rolling around in your head.

 
At 11:32 PM , Blogger Meg Moran said...

YAY!!!! movin on....

 
At 7:53 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Fear is at the root of all of it. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Gwen~

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home