Friday, July 06, 2007

LOST IN THE STEPS............

This is regarding my previous post. I am ready to do the 8th step, in fact, I need to. I don't think I need to keep doing the 4th over & over. What do you think? I'm kinda at a loss, cuz I lost one sponsor while I was on my 8th step, I didn't get to finish it, cuz the next sponsor had me start over with the 1st step, then when I got to the 4th step with her, I lost her, so the sponsor I have now is starting me over with the 1st step again, & I've worked my way to my 4th step again, & now I'm stuck. I did a thorough 4th twice, with both sponsors, maybe I need to be on the 8th. Confusing isn't it? I'm lost in the steps, that's unusual. Because, the steps give you direction. So what do my friends in blogworld think? Read my previous post, maybe it'll give you a better idea of where I'm at, or maybe this post will do the job, I kinda think so. I'm confused. Help!! Am I decepting myself? Is my disease acting out?

3 Comments:

At 10:24 AM , Blogger Meg Moran said...

oh sweet girl...first let me say these are "steps".(think about the meaning)we will always be taking them as we move forward.

we do them to the best of our ability NEVER perfect...(exhale NOW)You might be done with the 4th. Call your sponsor and schedule a 5th step. If you 2 discover more, it will be revealed. DO NOT keep searching for perfection it does not exist. This is a program of progress not perfection.

Re the 8th & 9th....talk to your sponsor for better understanding. These steps are where we become WILLING to make ammends (8) and where we make the ammends (9). Do not worry about getting forgiveness. That is not a part of our program. We change our lives and forgiveness comes or does not, we get God's love and forgiveness and we get freedom. Love to you

 
At 4:36 PM , Blogger sharonsjourney said...

Thank you for the clarigication, I have a better understanding, thanks to you Meg. I love your feedback, at all times!

 
At 12:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Listen to Meg. She rocks.
The Basic Text of NA says, "We forgive and POSSIBLY we are forgiven." But that is definitely not the focus of the Step.
;-)
Peace,
Scout
Don't wait on your 5th like I did! I wouldn't recommend it to anyone!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home