Tuesday, July 03, 2007

AA FUNCTIONS..........

I've been at a loss what to post. The last few days I was in a funk. Sometimes I get tired of doing the same mundane things to take care of myself, it's an effort, day after day after day. Then I realized I GET to take care of myself, & I'm so grateful for that.
Even the things I don't like doing, I get to. There was a time when I needed help taking care of myself, I was so toxic, sick, helpless. All I need to do is change my attitude, my perception, like realizing I get to do these things, I am blessed.

Well, the PNC came & went. PNC stands for Pacific Northwest Conference. Bill W. started it in 1948, in Seattle, I believe. They have panels who speak on a chosen topic, it was the 12th step, & service this year. There is a marathon AA meeting, Alanon is there too, & they have a speaker. AA has two or three speakers. The whole thing starts fri. & goes thre to sun. morning with a spiritual breakfast. If you ever get a chance to go to any AA functions, I'd recommend it. The assemblies, there are about 4 different functions, & they're a chance to learn more about AA, how it is run, & they have different themes, or topics. Some of them have workshops, panels, where you get to ask any question you want related to AA. Some of them, they vote on motions that have been passed, starting at the home group. These functions are where that all happens, the voting is a long process, the motion can either make it to the floor, or be voted down, or put on hold till the next session. It's quite interesting. A wonderful thing to be a part of, & it's service work. I'm sure most of you already know all about them. I hope so, cuz I didn't explain it very well. There's so much more to AA than a meeting, but the group is where AA starts, from the bottom up. Really cool how it works, & that it does work, & still is after 70 yrs. or close to.

Well, there now, you've had your lesson on AA. LOL. I'm sure you all know more about it than I do. I just touched on it.

2 Comments:

At 11:06 AM , Blogger ArahMan7 said...

Sadly to say, I don't know much about it Sharon. How I wish to be there and learn NA/AA lessons first hand.

How are you, Sharon. Hope you're in the best of health.

 
At 1:42 AM , Blogger Shadow said...

don't know pnc... wrong continent i guess, heee heee

aaaanyway, i was told a coupla days ago that only once we learn to conquer the simple tasks, the life sustaining tasks, can we learn to excel at other things. and that definately clicked a button in my brain to the right setting...

so, stay blessed out there, you deserve it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home