Wednesday, June 20, 2007

What A GIFT..........

I am so excited! I'm going on another trip, for the week end. It's the Sister Bea Retreat for women. There are several of us going. Most for their third & fourth time. Sister Bea is a nun in recovery, & I hear she glows with spirituality. It is on the west coast next to the sound. There will be a lot of fun, learning, & spirituality. Just what the dr. ordered for Sharon!

I don't know if I told you of my friend, who went back out. She's back in now, hooray! It was a close call, she was in critical care for three days. The dr's. didn't know why she didn't die, or a have a stroke, or become a wet brain. She is in the late late stage of alcoholism, & if she goes out again, one of those things wll happen for sure. I am so grateful she's back. She's a binge drinker, she gets about six mos. dry, then she's back out again. I hate that it's her, but it shows me how insidious this disease is, & how it progresses. I tend to forget, until something like this happens. I am so grateful to be sober, alive, & well. I have my problems, but, I have it so good! I am so grateful for this program! What a gift!

I will tell you about my retreat when I get back.

4 Comments:

At 5:48 AM , Blogger Shadow said...

enjoy the trip! see you soooooon....

 
At 8:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh wow - enjoy the retreat

 
At 10:07 PM , Blogger ArahMan7 said...

Another trip? Wow! That must be very exciting. Enjoy your trip my friend. I wish my doctor will do that for me. Sent me away, say, to the USA for a change of scenery...

Please Doc, please subscribe a trip for me, Doc...

Sharon! My Doctor ain't listening! Grrrr....................!

 
At 10:00 PM , Blogger lushgurl said...

I have heard such wonderful things about retreats! I cannot wait until you get back to share about it.
BTW, about your previous post, stop beating yourself up so much about the past! You are my friend, and I don't like to see my friends in pain...so there! Love ya Sharon!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home