Friday, June 15, 2007

RECOVERY..........

Lushgurl described what I've been going thru. For me, I think I went back out one too many times. I haven't drank for 15 yrs. I went to prescription drugs instead, like that wasn't my disease at work. The mind of an alcoholic. I did learn to respect alcohol, it beat me to a pulp, I knew I couldn't drink again, or I would die. So pills wouldn't hurt me, makes no sense hu? The mind of an alcoholic is cunning, baffling, & powerful. Anyway, I've been wrestling with complacency. I think I don't trust myself, or God, cuz of the relapses. But I am working my steps, reading the BB, staying in contact with my sponsor, I guess I miss that enthusiasm I had in my first year. I disappointed myself, God, & others so many times. But you know what one lady said to me? She said, 'but you keep coming back, Sharon. You persevere. That's true, I do. And I have gratitude for my sobriety, my recovery! I'm excited about it, inside. I love recovery, & I love writing, & talking about all things connected to spirituality. I love the challenge of change, tho I must admit, I fight it sometimes. So, that is when I let go & let God. I had a God shot when I read the part in the BB, where it says, we quit fighting anything, or anyone. When we fight, we run into collision with anything, or anyone. There was the answer to my problems, one of many. That keeps happening, it's a God thing. When I pick up the literature of AA, or go to a meeting, or talk with someone, I find the solution. I get it with my blogger friends too. It's incredible! I love it. Thanks for being here for me.

7 Comments:

At 12:57 PM , Blogger Pammie said...

Your willingness is so apparant!!
Stay in the day....so you can really see your progress!

 
At 7:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice post, Sharon.
I let Noor Azman know what is happening. He send regards and to let you know he is working on his blog problems. He was touched to know you had thought of him.
You can always send him an email longgeng355@yahoo.com
Peace,
Scout

 
At 11:32 AM , Blogger ArahMan7 said...

Hi Sharon,

I'm sorry you can't get access to my blog. I ran into problem after problem even Blogger Help Group cannot do anything. I'm still waiting for Blogger Team answer. I managed to publish a new post, hope you can get access to it. I missed you too. Send me an email like My Sista of Swing said. See my new blog http://web-directory.blogspot.com/

 
At 9:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog, Sharon. I have already come to really love you in a short period of time.
You rock.
Don't worry -- I'm not going anywhere.
Peace and LOVE,
Scout

 
At 1:02 PM , Blogger Meg Moran said...

oh those pills, those lovely little pills...don't I know it! we are very much alike baby.

 
At 3:18 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

WAKING UP IS HARD TO DO
Don’t take the 12 STEPS away from me
Don’t leave my SPONSOR in misery
We are a FELLOWSHIP of ZOMBIES
If you go then I’ll have to CHAIR A MEETING
‘Cause WAKING up his hard to do

Remember when you held my BIG BOOK
And you 13th STEPPED me all through the night
Think of all the CRAP, we’ve talked
Our HIGHER POWER will be mad
WAKING up Is Hard To Do

They say HOW IT WORKS, is hard to do
Now I know, I know that it’s true
There are no DUES or FEES
Our PRIMARY PURPOSE
Is to be, BILL WILSON CLONES
WAKING up is hard to do

I wish we were ENGAGING IN CONTROVERSY
I beg of you, to be FEARLESS & THOROUGH
Can’t we give our OLD IDEAS another try
Come on baby, let’s do a STEP or TWO
WAKING up is hard to do.

 
At 3:20 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

ONCE MORE
Once more unto the meeting, dear STEPPERS, once more;
or close the Group up with our Chairman dead.
In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
As modest STEPPISM, and INSANITY:
But when the blast of the “drunkalogues” blows in our ears,
Then imitate the action of the ZOMBIE;
Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,
Disguise fair nature with hard-favour'd rage;
Then lend the eye to HOW IT WORKS;
Let it pry through the portage of the head
Like the brass cannon; let the mind be PROGRAMMED
As fearfully as doth a galled rock
O'erhang and jutty his confounded base,
Swill'd with the wild and wasteful SHAPE SHIFTING REPTILES.
Now set the teeth and stretch the nostril wide
Hold hard the breath and bend up every BRAIN CELL
To his full height. On, on, you noble STEPPER
Whose mind is completely gone!
Fathers that, like so many PSYCHOPATHS
Have in these parts from morn till even fought
And sheathed their BIG BOOKS for lack of argument:
Dishonour not your SPONSORS; now attest
That those whom you called “old-timers” did beget you.
Be copy now to men of grosser blood,
And teach them how to go INSANE. And you, good woman,
Whose brain was altered with BUCHMANISM, show us here
The mettle of your pasture; let us 13th STEP you
That you are worth your breeding; which I doubt not;
For there is none of you so mean and base,
That hath not noble LUST in your eyes.
I see you stand like BILL & BOB HEADS in the slips,
Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
Follow your SPONSOR, and upon this charge
Cry “KEEP COMING BACK!” IT WORKS IF YOU WORK IT!
PEACE BE WITH YOU
MICKY

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home