Monday, June 25, 2007

ONE OF OURS..........

I'm feeling kinda let down, I guess it's cuz reality hits me in the face. I got home from the retreat & found out a woman I know killed herself by jumping in the river. She had such a hard life, & couldn't quit drinking. I tried to help her in the past, but if they're not willing to help themselves, there's not much you can do. It's so sad, I hate this disease! What it does to people. She was on meds too, for mental illness, & got messed up on those, partly from drinking, partly not taking them as prescribed. What a hard life she had! Nobody should go thru what she had to endure. Sometimes I felt so helpless with her. She is in a better place now, no more pain, nobody can hurt her now. I am in a way, relieved for her. Her name is Victoria, say a prayer for her, would you?

4 Comments:

At 1:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will do.
Peace now for Victoria.
And I am deeply sorry for your loss, Sharon.
Love,
Scout

 
At 7:49 PM , Blogger lushgurl said...

Oh Sharon, there are no words to ease your pain I know... it is always so sad to lose anyone to this disease. I am so grateful that we are both still here though.
Love you lots

 
At 10:07 AM , Blogger Shadow said...

i'm sorry too for your loss. it's sad and it's hard to loose someone.

 
At 11:30 PM , Blogger Meg Moran said...

this makes me so sad. I hope she is cradled in perfect peace now.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home