Thursday, June 28, 2007

THE PNC IS COMING TO MY LITTLE TOWN...........

I'm all excited about the PNC that is coming to my little town, tomorrow, in fact. I'm going to everything, it won't be coming this way for another 40 yrs. So I don't want to miss out on anything. I don't get to go to these things anymore. I was GSR for my homegroup & got to go to alot of assemblies, & conferences then. I miss going. I love the workshops, & the panels. I learn so much from them. Then too, I get to see people who have moved to other parts. I love the food too, of course. There is so much. I will write later & tell you all about it. I wrote about the Sister Bea Women's Retreat. After I got home I heard about a woman I know who killed herself by jumping in the river, I was so upset about that, that I wrote about it after the Sister Bea post. I don't think anyone has read it, or I'm just not getting any comments on it. That thing about Victoria took precedence over my Sister Bea post. I'll just say, I always take something away from those things. Retreats, conferences, assemblies, they get me fired up. Coming back from the retreat I was, but I was also very hard on myself. I kept thinking, I have so much to learn, so much to do, I'm not far enough along. Then I realize what a wonderful opportunity I have here. Don't mess this up with your negative thinking. It does seem overwhelming at times, but then I have to go back to the cliches, keep it simple, one day at a time, take baby steps, this too shall pass, easy does it. I first thot those were so trite, & corny. Boy, they've saved my ass a number of times, I get back to the basics Ok, I'll post next week sometime. Keep on keepin' on.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 11:32 PM , Blogger Meg Moran said...

Oh yeah, this is a process, don't rush it. I love taking baby steps and really feeling the changes, celebrating growth. Enjoy this weekend, and give us a post!

I am concerned about your friend who died....is it anyone who blogged?

 
At 7:45 AM , Blogger sharonsjourney said...

No, she was in and out of the program, she couldn't quit drinking. She had a tragic life.

 
At 6:30 AM , Blogger Pammie said...

We have a womens retreat once a year (here in Texas) called Heart 2 Heart. It's for AA women and Al-Anon women together in an old boy scout camp on a lake. It truly is the highlight of my year. I look forward to it more than Christmas.
I come away with such a peaceful feeling. I am so sorry you have had to experience a tragic loss. Even when our lives are "smooth" most of us women can understand the desparation of our sisters, and the "wish" that they had found the "peace" that we have found in sobriety.

 
At 6:55 AM , Blogger lushgurl said...

Hi Sharon! It sounds to me like you are embracing all of the joys that this program has to offer. The retreat sounded fabulous, and I always love a conference. As far as the loss of a friend, as painful as it is, it does show us how cunning, baffling and powerful our disease can be if we're not vigilant in our own recovery..."But for the grace of God, there go I"...
I love you my gurl friend!

 
At 6:57 AM , Blogger Pammie said...

You're so funny!! I loved your long comments on my blog....I don't care how much someone writes. I know what you mean about the woman in your group! My sponsor never gets upset with that kind of stuff..she just says.."let them be who they are" "if you don't want what they have...don't emulate them".
But sometimes.....I'd rather bitch about it ya know?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home