Monday, June 25, 2007

SISTER BEA RETREAT...........

I had a really good time at the retreat, boy, those women work hard. Sister Bea was dynamite. She is 72 yrs. old & has the energy of a 2 yr. old, she just never stops. She had just gotten back from England, & the day after did this retreat. She used the BB the whole time. The retreat was on action, & getting back to basics. She broke the 1st, 2nd, & 3rd steps into increments. They were more in depth, & specific. I realize now, I didn't do those steps thorough enough. No wonder I've been having trouble with my 4th step. And there was a hand out on Key Words, & on God, how he shows himself off thru us. As soon as I find my hand outs, I will share them with you. I met some pretty cool women, & saw some that had moved, & I hadn't seen them since. That was nice. We went to Mt. Vernon, Wa. it's on a big farm, it is so beautiful! The place was huge. We went to the chappol sun. morning, & that was very special, for us all. There wasn't the usual service or anything like that. We each picked a chair to sit in, & there was a written prayer on each of them. Mine was very fitting to what I have been going thru. it said, "I your God, will wipe away every tear from your eyes, for the former things have passed away". We also wrote a letter to God, & put it in a God box, earlier, & we shared what we had written. They say, it takes about a month, to take everything in. You take in so much in just two days, it takes awhile to internalize it. I hope they are right.

Our sponsor was unable to go, & this was our (the other sponsee) first time to this place. Neither one of us has any sense of direction, but you know what? We made it there without much trouble at all, & we made good time.

Sister Bea was funny, & humble enough to share her weakknesses, & character defects, she was down to earth in sharing them. She is a classy lady. I only hope I can a have a fraction of what she has. A lot of it seemed to go over my head, cuz of not knowing what to expect next, not knowing the ropes, I'm sure I will get more out of it next time I go. I would recommend her retreats, or any retreats, for that matter. I will share more in my next post. For some reason I'm feeling reality now, & am not dealing well with it.

Thank you Lush, for your comment on my last post, I feel like you're a good friend, too. I appreciate your kind comments. I am hard on myself. Like right now I'm beating myself up for not being further along. I want it all, & I want it now. Sister Bea talked about light AA, & extreme AA, I want extreme. Or as my sponsor says, I want the whole enchelada! That's what I want. I'm feeling anxious cuz I don't. So I have to remember, iti's progress, not perfection, it's the journey, not the destination. And it's an action program. I have to do the work.

3 Comments:

At 8:44 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

have you heard anything about dates for the 2010 retreat? might like to go but not sure how to find it...please reply to suzikattt@gmail.com - gratefully, susan

 
At 8:43 AM , Blogger Sister B. Retreat said...

I am the publicity chair for the 2010 Retreat! We have a blog set up, and a Google Group for emailing the flyer.

Blog:

http://sisterbearetreat.blogspot.com/

Email List:

http://groups.google.com/group/sister-bea-retreat

Please join us, and help spread the word! Thanks!!!

sisterbea.retreat@gmail.com

 
At 8:42 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi,
I am interested in attending the 2010 Sister Bea retreat. The blog is not working. Can you send me the details (date, registration form, etc.). Thanks.
drlindacoleman@gmail.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home