Sunday, May 06, 2007

"WOOHOO WHAT A RIDE!"

I had a great week end. I spent one day with an old friend in the program that I don't get to spend much time with. She's such a sweetheart, I love her. Then I spent a couple of days with a new friend, we have the same sponsor, & we're discovering we have a lot in common. Today, she asked me to help her with her 4th step, it's her first time. I was honored to, & I learned from it, I'm working on mine, too. For some reason, I've been putting mine off, & not following directions, tho I have gotten quite a bit of it done, still, I think I need to go over it again, So, by helping her, it inspires me to work on mine. You see how that works? Oh, by the way, I'm over the blues. I didn't even have them the whole day, which is a change. Used to be, I would have them the whole week, & I'd carry it over into suffering, & martydom. Boy, I don't want to go thru that again!

I feel more at peace these days, I feel more loving toward my fellow man. You know, my new friend & I were talking about our lives in general, & came to the conclusion alcoholics & addicts are very tough people. We've experienced more in our drinking careers, than most people ever will in their lifetimes, not to mention the pain of self destruction, & destruction to others. We get a chance to right our wrongs, to learn from our mistakes. We know what it is like to be out of society, & get the chance to be in society again, but this time, without the games. We get to be real. We know what it means to be blessed, to be given grace.

We are people that have been, & still are on a helluva ride. We will come to our death skidding, saying "WooHoo, what a ride!"
That is way cool! Keep on Keepin' on!

7 Comments:

At 5:18 AM , Blogger Sober Steve said...

"We get a chance to right our wrongs, to learn from our mistakes.." Thats all I could ask for is a chance. Thanks for sharing today. And thanks for helping another AA.
Have a great MondAAy

peace
Steve

 
At 10:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It certainly is a hell of a ride, isn't it? Purely magical to me.
I am praying for the willingness to complete my 5th Step on the 13th. Send some prayers to wherever you pray for me, k?
Peace,
Scout

 
At 11:08 AM , Blogger ArahMan7 said...

I'm happy that you're having a great weekend, Sharon and you're doing great too. Happy Tuesday to you.

 
At 12:03 PM , Blogger lushgurl said...

Hey, good for you Sharon... out in life, living, living sober...
Soundin' great today, it becomes you!
Love and HUGS, gurl friend

 
At 4:46 AM , Blogger Pammie said...

Sobriety rocks girl...don't get off the ride, it gets better and better.

 
At 12:57 PM , Blogger Meg Moran said...

from pitiful and incomprehensible to grateful and "wouldn't have it any other way"...isn't it all just amazing?

 
At 9:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey - how have you been this week?
enjoy the ride. don't jump out.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home