Monday, April 23, 2007

I WISH RECOVERY FOR EVERYONE............

I will not talk about anyone else again on this post, evidently it is slander. I need to just worry about my own sobriety anyway. My addictive personality takes over sometimes, & I get on a role. I love AA & am very protective of it, I don't like anyone abusing it, or hurting anyone's chance of getting sober. Much as I wish I could help, I can't, so I'm here for the next newcomer who reaches out, provide they have some willingness, otherwise, I would be wasting my time, & their's. If I've done harm, I am sorry for that, & will make amends. That's all I'm going to say about this matter.

The weather is beautiful today, it has been kinda cold, too cold to plant flowers, & I can hardly wait. I am going to Portland the middle of May to visit my sis. I'm really looking forward to it. We have become close since I got sober, what a change there! I will hit some meetings while there. I ran into this guy visiting here from Portland, got his name, so I can call him while I'm there, & we can hit some meetings together. See how God works? Cool. My sis lives in the Milwaukee area, I don't know my way around in that area, so God put this guy here to take care of that problem.

Am still working on the fears part of my 4th step, I'll do it a little bit every day, am almost done. Then there is my part. I want to do this, cuz I know I'll come out on the other side, it will all be so worth it. Not alot going on right now, I over slept, & missed my dear woman's meeting this morning. I love this meeting, there's so much support there. You know, it took me awhile to trust the women. So many here are housewives who didn't lose everything, like I did. Their bottom is higher than mine. I only saw the difference, & besides, women were always competition to me. I find that they hurt just as much as I did, & were really messed up like me. They hit their own bottoms. They don't judge me, which I thot they would. Hell, I was judging them, & myself. I have made good friends in this group, & another that I go to. I see the similarities today, that has been so freeing, & beneficial to my sobriety. My world got bigger. That's about it for this post. I hope I can stay centered in my own hoola hoop. I don't wish anyone harm, I do wish them recovery, we all deserve that. Love you all.

6 Comments:

At 10:58 AM , Blogger lushgurl said...

This is weird, I have checked on you a couple a times recently and haven't seen a new post, and now there are three? I think my computer plays tricks on me sometimes LOL!
I am about to embark on another fourth step too. I know that the hard work and honesty and tears are a part of the process of letting go. I also know that we BOTH will be so much better off after, more useful to us and others, and that makes it ALL woorth while!
Love ya Sharon!

 
At 11:15 AM , Blogger sharonsjourney said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 7:31 PM , Blogger ArahMan7 said...

I'm on vacation now. Taking some time off doing a bit of blog-stalking.

I shall be back on Friday. Take care my friend. Can we talk about this post when I get back?

 
At 9:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

your comments made me smile, you big lovable liberal, you :)
thanx

 
At 4:44 AM , Blogger Pammie said...

just stopping by to say hi. and smile at you. :-)

 
At 12:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I did the "my part" of my resentments, I instantly began to feel better and more free -- and I haven't even DONE my 5th Step yet!
This program is amazing, isn't it?
Peace,
Scout

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home