Thursday, May 03, 2007

EVERY DAY THINGS...........

I'm feeling pretty blue today. I have too much time on my hands, & I get bored, & lazy. I hate that! So, every so often I have to stir things up, then am sorry I did. I really don't want chaos, or drama in my life today, but I create it from time to time, cuz I'm undisciplined. Sobriety is hard work, & I don't always want to do the work. Or, I don't want to go to the grocery store, I hate grocery shopping! The every day things get mundane sometimes, & I rebel. You know where that gets me. Nowhere, or in deep shit. Today is one of those days. I have errands to run, & I need to keep working on my 4th step. I'm also doing some work on childhood issues, the both of them get a little overwhelming sometimes. I guess now would be a good time to do a gratitude list. Ok, I am grateful for:

My Higher Power

My sister

My sisters & brothers in recovery

Riley, my cat

AA

That I have a home

That I have transportation

My health

Thet I have choices, & I 'get to' today

That I'm even functioning today

That I am sober!

I have a garden

I have memories that make me rich today

That I have my computer

That I have entertainment

I have my books

That I have time on my hands, to do with, whatever I want, it's my choice

Hallaluja!!! I can mean that right here, right now

I feel better, I am blessed. I have recovery, one day at a time

Keep on keepin on!

5 Comments:

At 5:08 AM , Blogger lushgurl said...

Hey, Sharon! Good for you for taking some "off" time...remember, progress NOT perfection! We all hafta give a little love to ourselves where we used to kick our own butts ( I always fell flat on my face from doing that! LOL)
Loved your gratitudes' today. You are doin' great darlin' , don't let you tell you otherwise!
Love ya lots gurl friend!

 
At 10:44 AM , Blogger ArahMan7 said...

Hopefully by now you're out of your blue, Sharon. Happy Friday to you.

 
At 1:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good G-d i hate grocery shopping, too. I am so with you there! A 4th Step can be hard to keep going through that's why I worked on mine OT until I got it done! Too bad I've been sitting on it for about 9 months now! UUgghh -- I need to do that 5th Step!!!!
Keep up the good work, girl!
Peace,
Scout

 
At 2:01 PM , Blogger Pammie said...

I'm telling ya...sobriety is hard work...some could say exhausting ;)
Stay in the day, no matter what.

 
At 9:24 AM , Blogger Shadow said...

hey! love your list!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home