Saturday, May 12, 2007

SKIPPING AROUND..........

I'm leaving mon. morning to visit my baby sis, who lives about 700 mi. away, in a different state. I go see her twice a year. I am excited about it. She lives in the city, so there's lots of places to go, & things to do, I live in a small town. We spend quality time together, & have heart to heart talks, too. Tho she has a computer in 'my room', I may not be blogging for about 2 wks, I don't know. We are all there is left in our family, & don't take that for granted. My greatest fear is that something should happen to her, but I try not to think in that way. Years ago, her & I drank & drugged together, & we were not that close. She's not in the program, but she very seldom drinks now. Since I've gotten sober, we've repaired our relationship, & are very close today. She went thru a few yrs. of intensive therapy, & has matured so much. She's a lovely person today. I treasure our relationship.

I haven't been able to think of anything to post about, other than what I just did. I guess I could tell, & it's true, how grateful I've been feeling lately. I've had another psychic change, I can tell. I'm more positive, I have dreams again, & believe in myself more now. In turn I've gone from letting life happen to me, to taking control of my life, by setting goals. I'm going to go to school next fall. That's a big one for me. I'm excited about it, & I know I can do it. I've been wanting to do this for a long time, but didn't think I could. I thot I had too much brain damage. LOL. Brain damage, or no, I'm going. I'm going to take some computer classes, so I'll be fixing up my blog, for one thing. Maybe I'll take a photography class, learn more about my digital camera. There are so many things to learn, & I've been holding myself back. Well, no more. I will let you know how it's going, as I go along. I would, someday, not too far away, like to have a home business. I don't know what doing, God will let me know. I've got no more time to waste, to start LIVING! I'm realizing I have friends around me that accept me for who I am today, & that's a beautiful thing. I want to let them know, often, that I appreciate, & love them.

By circumstances, my brother dying, the failed relationship, my mom dying, then my aunt dying, my passion left me, well, it didn't leave me, it went into hiding, I guess. I'm getting it back, little by little, & I'm hanging onto it for dear life. What is life without passsion? Pretty boring, & useless, that's what.

I've been fooling around with my 4th step, so I'm starting over, & going to do it right this time. It's not that I'm afraid to get honest. For me, it's sitting down long enough, & staying focused to do all that writing. I want to skip over it, I have a hard time taking the time to be specific, it's tedious to me. I don't have a hard time with facing my character defects, or owning my part, I want to, & move on to the next step. I'm excited about my journey of recovery, & am willing to go to any lengths.
I realize I've been skipping around, that's what I do, skip around, avoid, be general, I've got to get a handle on it. Hope you all haven't had too difficult time following this post.

Keep on Keeping on.

7 Comments:

At 7:44 AM , Blogger lushgurl said...

I am so happy for you getting to spend time with your sister, what a lovely gift to both of you! I'm not sure if me and my sis will ever be that close again, but I still love her, and that is what matters most. I hope you enjoy your two weeks off, post if you feel like it, if not see ya when you get home!
Love you Sharon!

 
At 5:22 PM , Blogger Meg Moran said...

enjoy your time with sis...and when you get home, pray for willingness to focus on the task at hand...it's time to walk thru that archway baby.

 
At 9:12 PM , Blogger ArahMan7 said...

Have a pleasant trip, my friend.

 
At 11:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes--what Meg said. She always gets the good stuff to say! ;-)
Enjoy your sister! Sisters are awesome, aren't they? (I have 3)
Peace,
Scout

 
At 4:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow!
enjoy your two weeks :)
be safe and have a great time

relationships are to be cherished

 
At 7:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

popping by to say "hello"

take care, Sharon

 
At 9:45 AM , Blogger lushgurl said...

Hey, just me, stopping by to see if you're home safe and sound... post soon, when you get a chance OK ?
love ya Sharon

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home