Wednesday, April 11, 2007

PROGRESS, NOT PERFECTION...........

Well, my landlady came by with the ins. adjustor, to look at my kitchen floors. He could tell when he walked on it there was water damage. Then he said, they need to be replaced anyway, the lanolium is really old, they haven't even made this kind for a long time. So! I'm getting new floors. Yay! I have to revise my letter now, there are still other issues that need attention, & I'm not letting up on them.

I didn't get a chance to tell my sponsor I let her go. She left for Africa this morning, & will be gone 3 wks. That will give me enough time to get stronger, to confront her. I don't intend to be nasty, am just going to tell her, she's too unreliable, that I have to move on. This whole deal with her, has slapped me in the face with my own character defects. I used to make excuses all the time, rather than do what was right. Or, I would avoid you. One thing she does is, shower me with compliments, tell me I'm a jewel, & that she loves me. How do you deal with that? By the way, I think I did that too, notice I said I think, I'm almost ready to face that about me. I did, to a lesser degree, but I still did it.

I love my new sponsor. She's forthright, doesn't pull any punches, but is gentle, supportive, encouraging, & loving. I'll have to work harder with this one, & that's ok. I think the work is going to be more intense, because I'm ready to deal with some core issues, that I have buried for so long. It's time. I don't want my life to 'happen' to me anymore. I want to be participating in it.

I had a spiritual experience a few days ago, it was awesome. I felt this sense of peace, I felt like I was home, I was with Sharon, I was Sharon in the present moment. What a strange & wonderful feeling that was. It was fleeting, of course. Now, I know what this is all about. It's about coming home, so you can be all that you are, & share that with others. I know there's more to it than that, but I think that's at the very core to recovery. We came in AA lost, & broken. We have the opportunity to put the pieces back, & make things right with others, with ourselves, with the universe. We are all connected, we are one. That's pretty powerful! Once we are at peace with our Higher Power, & with ourselves, & that is what my journey home is about. Respect, common sense, love, any number of things, more will be revealed. Selflessness, generosity.......I really get this Progress, not Perfection.

8 Comments:

At 8:40 AM , Blogger Meg Moran said...

you are moving right along on this journey, wow! the spiritual peace and calm is fleeting for me sometimes, but they start coming closer together. Higher Power is guiding you..sounds like you have a good new sponsor to keep moving on the path

 
At 8:49 AM , Blogger lushgurl said...

Ah, Meg is so wise!! I too have had many moments of that deep inner peace, and am learning to embrace it more each day. I am so happy for you Sharon, you are making good choices today!
Your new sponsor sounds like the perfect balance of wisdom and tough love, try to let the other one go with love, she may be right for someone else!
love you lots, BIG HUGS!

 
At 9:50 AM , Blogger Sober Steve said...

Sounds like you are doing great. My sponser has told me many times that If I'm not happy with him and want another he will not be offended. His goal is see me achieve soberity. If that means that I have outgrown him or just don't like him, I'm more important than his feelings. I'm important to keep around at the tables of AA.

Hope that helps. You are doing great.

peace
Hugs and kisses

 
At 7:52 AM , Blogger ArahMan7 said...

Hi Sharon. I'm glad you're doing well now. Keep on posting and I'm sure our friends will come.

Missed you too.

 
At 2:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those moments are so magical. They amaze me and amuse me with how much I still have to learn.
Lovely post.
Peace,
Scout

 
At 2:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. I hope you don't mind if I linked to you. Let me know if you do and I will fix it for you, o.k?
Peace,
Scout

 
At 7:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm...
thing are going the right direction, even if slowly eh?

Take care and enjoy your 24

 
At 6:54 PM , Blogger Pammie said...

Hi Sharon, I'm glad I found your blog (thru Scouts blog)..I'm very glad you are sharing on your sponsor...it has given me a few things to think about.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home