Thursday, March 08, 2007

MY FEELINGS ON MY SLEEVE.........

I wear my feelings on my sleeve for everyone to see. I wish I didn't do that, it has gotten me into trouble. Besides, I don't want everyone to see how I feel, some people aren't safe. They show in my face, my body language. It's sometimes embarrassing. Nothing like walking around being an open book. Maybe I could take lessons somewhere to learn how not to do this. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm open (a little pun haha) to them. Maybe if I paid attention to what I'm doing, stay in the present, I could control this. My friend Joey said there's nothing wrong with it, but I'm not comfortable with it. She also said it's a little late in life to change that part of me, she may be right. Do I need to practice acceptance on this issue? I'll look into it. A part of myself I'm not accepting that I need to, I don't think I can change it, my friend said that's just how I am. Ok, I'll work on acceptance, but first I'm open to suggestions on how to change it. Oh, my alcoholic brain. On & on. Just carry the message, Sharon.

5 Comments:

At 6:00 AM , Blogger ArahMan7 said...

I just gonna be myself. If I'm sad and it showed, so be it. I'm a human being. I got feeling. And I had never gotten into trouble before, for showing my feeling.

There's nothing to be ashamed of, be yourself.

 
At 9:13 AM , Blogger Meg Moran said...

Hi Sharon, I saw your message on Noor's blog and thought I'd stop in and say hi.

Subject of your post "wearing your feelings on your sleeve (face)"? Heck if I know! Gratitude list is the only thing that is sure fire FOR ME...to wipe that (whatever) off my face. But maybe it's ok for us to show up obviously with "stuff" going on, and show others that we don't have to drink/and or use over it. As long as we let our SENSITIVE sponsees and friends know its not about them.

 
At 10:56 AM , Blogger lushgurl said...

Hi Sharon! Great to meet another in recovery!
Yup I'm a person who also wears my emotions out there for all to see! I think sometimes this is a good thing, often if I'm in a mood and someone notices, it gives me a chance to share how I'm feeling. If I'm in a good mood, I like to spread it around, and if I'm in a bad mood...a burden shared is a burden halved!

 
At 11:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello hello Sharon.
I followed a link the Noor had up... and I arrived HERE :)

I am reading and enjoying your blog.
It's helpful for me - "thank you for sharing."

Take care and God bless.

 
At 5:59 AM , Blogger Michael said...

Hi Sharron,
I saw u advertised on Noors fantastic blog so I thought I would pop in.
Guess what someone cant make it and I am chairing at my meeting tonight, still u cant refuse anything AA asks of u

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home