Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I MAKE MISTAKES.....

Will I ever 'get it right'? I'm working on friendshiips right now, & that's all I need to work on. I must be doing something right in that area because I have some awesome friends who have stuck by me thru the 'good, the bad, & the ugly'. They still love me for who I am. That's all one can ask for. As for the romantic relationship? I'm not ready, I'm still hyper-sensitive in that arena. I'm still on guard when it comes to matters of the heart. I am in friendships too, but there's something about the romantic, & sexual relationship that brings out & magnifies EVERYTHING. I'm not terribly good at dealing with those feelings, & issues. It takes time, & so does love, & it takes making mistakes, & it takes getting it right sometimes too. I'm still a newcomer, I have work to do. I can't let this make me feel like a failure. Recovery is a journey, I get off the path sometimes. Another thing it brings out bigtime is my codependency. I haven't even dealt with that, but I think it's time. I shall do that, what an enhancement that will be to my journey in recovery. This is a beautiful thing. ( I borrowed that from someone, hope they don't mind.) What is so different this time is, I don't feel like a mistake, I know I made a mistake, that's a huge difference! I feel good. In setting internal boundaries I'm learning something about myself, those boudaries are not only for myself. A woman who has alot of years in the program always says "God, keep me from hurting myself & others". Good one to live by. You have a good one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home