Friday, December 28, 2007

STUCK IN THE PAST.........

I am soooo over Xmas! I get this big hole in me at Xmas time, cause I want my dad, mom, & brother here to be with my sis & I. I want Xmas to be like it used to be. It hasn't been since they died, & it never will be, no matter how hard my sis & I try to make Xmas like it was. She has finally accepted it, before Xmas, I finally have after. That's the thing, is I have to accept, & adjust to that fact. The social worker at hospice, when my mom died, said when someone you love dearly, & who is very important to you dies, you have to shift your thinking. I don't remember him saying that, but my sis did, & just told me about it, cause she could see I was still trying to make Xmas like it was, & getting stuck there, so I had this big hole. I was either denying how I felt, or getting down on myself for how I was feeling. I didn't know what was going on with me, until my sis shared that with me. Seems like I have to hear from someone elsee much of the time, to validate my feelings. It's been painful, being in that place, where my dad, mom, & brother used to be, but no longer are. I wanted to talk to them so much, I kept wishing them here, & it seemed almost possible. This is where step 3 comes in, I think. Let go & let God. Also the Serenity Prayer. So I had a miserable Xmas of my own making. It didn't have to be. Acceptance is the answer, how true in this case. I'm working thru this. I have done better this year, I remembered to be grateful for what I have, which is alot. It sure helps the attitude, even if you do feel like shit. The new year will be better, as I keep growing & changing, with the help of those who love me, & the program. I am so grateful! I heard something in a movie I watched last nite, & that is, that you can keep a person alive thru memories, those I have, that I can do. Hope you all had a wonderful Xmas, & Happy New Year! It's going to be for me! Love you

3 Comments:

At 3:40 AM , Blogger Shadow said...

hey! it's all about choices remember... and i see you made a good one!

 
At 12:44 AM , Blogger ArahMan7 said...

Hi Sharon,

I'm glad my post made you go about the routine of your lives. Sharing with others about our feelings may let us know we aren't the only ones who have been depressed in recovery.

Most importantly, prayer and meditation can help us tap the power we need to survive depression. Rather than struggle with our feelings, we accept them and ask for the strength to walk thru' them.

Happy New Year and greetings & lots of love from exotic Malaysia.

 
At 3:19 AM , Blogger Shadow said...

happy new year my dear sharon!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home