Tuesday, December 04, 2007

I'M HOME......

I'm home from my visit with my sister. I went there mainly to help her with dog sitting, & keeping things done up, fixing meals, & such. I cooked Thanksgiving dinner. She does Xmas shows at different places for her ornaments, & is away from home 3 days a week, just thru Nov. & the first week end in Dec. but she had help for that time. She got enough days off during the week, that we got to spend some time together. I went to two of the Xmas shows with her, & her partner stayed home. That was an experience. There were a thousand booths in two huge buildings next to each other. I did some of my Xmas shopping there. Anyway, I had a good visit, but it's nice to be home. I was gone for two weeks. Riley was sure glad I was home, he's been all over me, about licked my face off. I missed him. My sister has the cutest cocker spaniel, & is such a good, & happy dog, she was a delight to look after. I've stayed home all day today, unpacking, & puttering around here. One thing that was nice about being at my sister's is having someone to do things for, like cooking, & careing for, looking after, waiting on, which was a pleasure, she does it for me too. I live alone, so it was a wonderful change, made me feel good. It wasn't codependency either, just nice to have someone to look after, & having the company, someone (esp. someone you love) to look after. I miss that. Living alone is ok, but I really do miss that. We make the best of our time together, cuz we only see each other two, or three times a year. Oh! I have good news. First, I want to tell you, I didn't bring the subject up, but my sister told me she was considering going to OA! Isn't that wonderful? She has a couple of friends that go, one has for a long time. That makes me so happy! My prayers were answered! Maybe you put some my way, if so, thank you so much! That would be wonderful for us both to be in the program, & in recovery! It was nice to hear I've been missed while I was gone, so I was told by friends. That was another things I did today, was call them, & let them know I am home. I haven't cooked Thanksgiving dinner in years, so this was a pleasure. I don't cook meals for myself, it was nice to know I haven't forgotten. So now I need to get ready for Xmas. Doesn't seem like it should be so near. I just missed a big dump of snow, which it did the day before I got here, well, it had been snowing for days, I guess. The roads are ok now, I'm glad of that. Till next time.

3 Comments:

At 12:16 AM , Blogger Shadow said...

i still maintain that the nicest part of going away, is coming home!

i'm happy that you've spent some time with your sister. and that's she's decided to join oa. together you can grow!

 
At 5:31 AM , Blogger Michael said...

You know Sharron, I have never been away for Christmas yet, I wonder what its like?
Yes I am skint now but I got one more payday before christmas and I can get the rest of my pressies.
I dont know really feel I am enjoying life at the moment, I hope you have a great christmas.
Oh I love doing the works newsletter, have a look at it anyway you can download it on my Wed 5th Dec post

 
At 8:55 AM , Blogger Syd said...

Glad that you enjoyed the visit. Coming home though is always nice. I just enjoy the quiet.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home