Friday, December 07, 2007

A NEW ADVENTURE......

I'm starting on a new adventure after the first of the year. I'm going to go to school, & see about training for some kind of job. I don't know what yet, but there's a place called Skill Source that has all kinds of programs, including Sr. programs for going back into the work force, I think I would qualify for a displaced worker. I can't physically do the kind of work I did before, & I am lacking in computer, or office skills. It's scary, but exciting, I'm ready. I was unable to work for a number of years due to disability. I went there a few years ago & got my GED. I was taking office skills, but had to quit to take care of my brother, who was dying from alcoholism, & the grief I went thru was totally disabling, I got into such a depression, I couldn't function. So, I'm ok, & more balanced now, & feel I can do this. It certainly is worh a try. The staff at Skill Source are good at what they do, & are very upbeat, positive people, & make learning fun. I'm looking forward to this, it's time for a change in my life, & this will be a good one. I can get thru any fear I have about it, & I have encouragemenet. Of course I will keep my recovery first, this is another stage in it, another level. Learning new stuff is always a good choice. I want to wait till after the holidays tho, it gets so hectic this time of year, or do I make it that way? I will keep you tuned in on this new adventure, wish me luck, I'm sure I could use it. I'm on my way to a meeting now. Take care

8 Comments:

At 10:25 AM , Blogger lushgurl said...

Too COOL my friend! I really admire people who go back to school later in life ( I mean, not as a kid!). Thanks for being a good friend and checking on me, it has really meant a lot to know that someone cares! Oh, and TAG- your IT!

 
At 1:43 AM , Blogger Shadow said...

that's wonderful! sounds like a good plan!

 
At 12:22 AM , Blogger Shadow said...

oh i do still get drinking dreams. a lot less now though! the last one woke me up it was so powerful. and when i fell asleep i carried on dreaming the same one! i had to get up and was mentally going through my day to make sure i didn't drink that day! fortunately, they say they are healing dreams, but still, need them i don't!

 
At 8:03 AM , Blogger Syd said...

Good for you Sharon. I know several people who have gone back to school and are really enjoying it. Go for it!

 
At 6:37 PM , Blogger Pammie said...

FABULOUS!!
You may be able to find all sorts of things that intrigue you.

 
At 5:58 AM , Blogger Michael said...

Thats great news Shadow, if you just take it one step at a time, I remember when I got made redundant, it was a long slow process getting back on the road to working again but I just took it in small steps, the only thing I didnt do comppletely was quit drinking and I nearly lost the next job I got as a result.
I wish you the best of Luck Sharron

 
At 11:22 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

That is really exciting! I love when people step outside the comfort zone to grow. In any way. You will grow from this in soooo many great ways. I wish you all the best.

G~

 
At 10:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home