Wednesday, November 14, 2007

WE NEED TO EDUCATE.......

Well, I got thru my 5th step on the sex part of my 4th step, it was not so bad, & I found out a few things about myself. It is a relief to get it done. I have a couple more assignments concerning my sexuality, then I will go on to the money inventory. I feel a sense of accomplishment.

The topic at today's meeting was 'arrogant self criticism, self appraisal, self love, & love for God.' I heard some really awesome things. Like, we learn to love ourselves thru service to others. We learn to love ourself thru seeking & finding our HP. We learn to love ourselves in the program thru action, & working with others, then our attitude changes. I agree with them all.

The meeting last nite was about 'singleness of purpose'. Boy, what a meeting that was. Of course the addicts didn't agree with it, but some of the alcoholic/addicts didn't either. Most of them didn't know what they were talking about, didn't know anything about AA, other than going to meetings, so they think AA is for everyone. I'm afraid I kind of lost it, I might have to make some amends, I'll think about it. I'm very passionate about AA, & it's singleness of purpose. So a friend & I found a cool website on AA & singleness of purpose, it had everything we wanted to know about it, & then some. Now, we can back it up in print. I learned something from this, & that is to come from love & tolerance, & wanting to help, when I talk about this. I can't go around kicking people out of AA meetings. And if I make them mad, they're not going to listen, so then I'm not accomplishing anything. It is my job to educate thru love & tolerance, & helpfulness. That's the only way to go. Oh yea, patience too. I lost my pateince with a few people last nite. It said on that website, this is a principle that is difficult to stand by, & it is, people just don't get it, why it is so important.

7 Comments:

At 12:01 AM , Blogger Shadow said...

so what is 'singleness of purpose' all about? i'm ignorant too....

 
At 3:40 AM , Blogger Pammie said...

"AA is for everyone with addictions"...was made up by a treatment facility with only one van.
hee hee-that's what we say down here.
STAY passionate.

 
At 7:52 AM , Blogger Syd said...

I believe in AA's singleness of purpose. I think that "diluting" AA with those who are just addicts isn't a good idea. It's life or death for the alcoholic and AA is for alcoholics.

 
At 5:17 AM , Blogger Michael said...

Most alcoholics I know when they are drunk do all sorts of daft things such has experimenting with cannabis, speed or even heroine.
They wouldnt dream of taking these while sober and I was one of these though I only used Cannabis.
So I am primarily an alcoholic but if alcohol wasnt available in my younger years I would inhale solvents to achieve a high.
I just wanted to escape from being me, going to AA has been a long gradual discovery of myself and learning to love myself, and these feelings have been mirrored in the real world as well.
But it certainly hasnt been an overnight thing, I love AA and love my life now...

 
At 6:00 PM , Blogger ArahMan7 said...

Hi Sharon. Thanks for coming over. I'm not people pleasing too, but the main problem is that I'm staying under the same roof as her. Never mind, I shall tell you more about it later.

I'm interested about the website you're telling about in this post. Can you give me their url?

I got a lot to learn, still.

 
At 11:20 PM , Blogger ArahMan7 said...

Thanks Sharon. I do understand what you meant. Same goes to me too, NA saved my life.

 
At 8:51 AM , Blogger lushgurl said...

Hey Sharon! 'Member me?
I like the singleness of purpose in that we are alcoholics trying to stay sober and to help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety. That being said though, I would not kick out an NA member from an AA meeting if they chose to speak of recovery and addictions in general, not specific to their drug of choice.
Insightful and informative post- thanks...
love ya gurl friend!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home