Monday, November 19, 2007

DRUGS & ALCOHOL......

I know that there are a lot of dually addicted people, I am one of them. There are, however plenty of pure alcoholics out there, & in AA, that deserve to be able to come to an AA meeting for help with their alcoholism, & not have to hear about people sticking needles in their arms. We are getting a lot of meth addicts, & there are some pure addicts, that claim to be addicts, & not alcoholics, that come into AA to talk about their drugs, & addictions. These people have been talked to, & they continue to do so. I believe they are hiding out, they don't want to face their peers, or addictions. They come into an AA meeting & are still different, this is one of the things we have to get over, is feeling different, or unique. It's disrespecting AA, & the alcoholic. We're getting a blending, & a move away from the singleness of purpose. What about the guy who has 15 or 20 yrs. still needs to go to meetings to hear solutions to his alcoholism, & continually hears about drugs & addictions, & less about alcoholism? Is he going to go back out? Possibly. I learned in early recovery the difference between my drug addiction, & my alcoholism, & where to talk about them. Why aren't these new people? I think for one they're coming out of treatment centers that teach a drug is a drug is a drug. Alcohol may be a drug, but it is not a narcotic, nor is it addictive, for it to be addictive, you have to be an alcoholic. Then you have narcotics. Anybody can get addicted to those. This is my understanding, & how it was explained to me. I feel for the addict, & want them to get the help they need, but it is not at an alcoholics anonymous meeting, if they're looking for a solution to their drug problem. I didn't make this up. AA says so, from experience with the addict, again, & again. Yes, there are a lot of dually addicted people, but there are still just alcoholics, lots of them. I've seen them in meetings, & their look of bewilderment, & pain. I ask you this. Are the addicts, & the dually addicted driving them out of AA? I hope not. This town needs stronger NA, people who will go to any lengths, to get over their addiction (s), who will do what the alcoholics have already done, build a strong foundation in their program. Rather than run & hide in AA. I probably am going to get a lot of slack over this, but how many people are going to die from their drug addiction, & their alcoholism, before this issue is handled? I see alot of enabling of the drug addict, & pushing away of the alcoholic. It hurts to see this going on, & yes, I'm angry about it, but moreso, I am concerned. I don't claim to have the answer, I go by what AA's experience has been, & what they say about this. That it can't help the pure addict, & they can't become a member of Alcoholics Anonymous. Maybe after the addict goes to some NA meetings he will realize he is also an alcoholic, but doesn't he have to address his addiction to drugs first, if that's what he's dealing with at the present time?

Enough said. I'm going to be leaving for a couple weeks. I'll not be posting till I get back. Love & respect each other.

1 Comments:

At 2:44 AM , Blogger Shadow said...

wherever you are going, i hope it is a good place! see you when you get back!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home