Friday, June 01, 2007

VACATION............

I had a wonderful time with my sis. We got to spend alot more time together, usually she has to work quite abit, but didn't this time. We went to a concert first thing, it was very intertaining. We hung out alot, by her pool, going out for lattes, shopping. We went to the beach for three days, & met my two aunts there, had a blast. We bought three crabs, cracked them, & had toasted crab & cheese sandwiches, oh, it was good. One of my aunts is in her seventees, she told us alot about our family. That was fun, & interesting. I learned there are alot of alcoholics in my family. There was a day that wouldn't have been ok, today it is, it's part of why I am here now, enjoying my sis, my aunts, my friends, my life, & that's a beautiful thing. That is why I am who I am today, & that is ok! The ocean was spectaculor! When I am looking upon the ocean, I really get a power greater than myself! It is so grand. I ate very well while I was there, we barbecued one nite, & there were always delicious meals. I got to have homemade scones, with strawberries, & whip crean, boy those were good. Didn't get to go to any meetings, I missed that. I did go to an AA store, & bought some books, & different things there. I love shopping there, I always spend too much money, but that's ok, look at what I get? You know, I wouldn't have been able to spend two wks. with my sis, if I weren't sober, & had the program. I just wouldn't have. I owe so much to my higher power, & AA. I wouldn't have the life, or the relationships I have today.

So now I'm back, & it was really nice to walk into a meeting. My friends gave me a big welcome back hug, I felt so welcomed. It is a wonderful feeling. I didn't do any writing, or work on my fourth step, I took a vacation from all that. And now it's time to get back to work. I find I have to gradually get back into it, I'm anxious to work on my garden too. I'm late this year. The last three years, there's been beautiful flowers out front by now. That's about it for this post. Hope to hear from you all. One more thing, I wouldn't have got to go on any vacation if it weren't for the program. I have gained so much, besides. I think I am learning to be a better person, & to pick better people today, to have relationships with. True, I didn't pick my sis, but she is such a beautiful person, who just happens to be a part of my original family. I am so blessed with the people in my liife, that includes you out in blogworld. Thank you for being here for me.

4 Comments:

At 12:03 AM , Blogger ArahMan7 said...

Glad to hear that you're back. Missed you so much. I'm happy too that you're having a great time with your sista.

Have a nice weekend, my friend.

 
At 9:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back--safe and sober and happy.
;-)
Peace,
Scout

 
At 6:28 AM , Blogger lushgurl said...

Gosh I don't know how I missed this post- saw it, but thought I had read it! DUH!
The vacation sounded wonderful, and I am so happy for you that you got to enjoy your family for who they are!
Tosted crab and cheese? Homemade sones with strawberries and whipped cream? WAH- I wish I coulda been there! And Hey, if ya wanna garden vicariously through me, I have managed to post a slide show of mine...just click on view all images...Enjoy!
LOVE YA LOTS!

 
At 6:29 AM , Blogger lushgurl said...

...yeah DUH...that was supposed to read toasted crab... and homemade scones....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home