Monday, April 09, 2007

Well, my sponsor did it to me again, she cancelled on me. I absolutely am going to get another sponsor! I'm worse off since working with her than I was before. I'm angry, resentful, those feelings of not being worthy are being reinforced. It's getting to be more & more about her, & she's taking me for granted. I don't like feeling this way. So, I asked somebody else to be my sponsor, I'm meeting with her tonite. I've had a few things happen in the last few days, that have made me angry, or feeling like a victim, & taken for granted. I don't like the way I'm feeling right now, & I'm chain smoking, & eating. So I decided to write about it. For one, I'm having trouble with my landlady, so I'm writing a letter & sending copies to her, the property management place, housing authority, & the health department. My new sponsor is helping me with the letter tonite. So I can get them sent out right away. I stopped by the club to see a friend who volunteers on sun. nite. Two of my ex's were (the only two I've had for years. Anyway, the one I went with a few months ago, he already has a new girlfriend, oh, & he loved me. The other one, it's been 11/2, but I'm still in love with him. The one had his new girlfriend with him, & the other was talking about the woman he's with. I wanted so much to make a sarcastic comment, but I didn't, to any of them. In fact, I was polite to all of them. I walked away with my dignity, & integrity in tact. Then this happened with my ex sponsor. Am I rambling? It's because I'm a little anxious, & emotional. I am so tired of being treated this way. I tend to let things slide for too long. Every time my ex sponsor cancelled, I went along with her excuse, I was agreeing that yea, she's more important than I am, I'm not worth your time. Bullshit. Same thing with my landlady on not making needed improvements to my apt. Enough is enough. I am not a victim! I won't let anyone victimize me anymore. I'm sorry, this is not a vey productive post, or carrying the message, I had to vent. Hope you all had a nice Easter.

4 Comments:

At 8:06 AM , Blogger lushgurl said...

You know what? whenever you share anything that is going on with you, it IS carrying the message! For one, I too have lived in the victim role for much of my life. Today I am learning to not give my power away, as are you! By not tolerating the bad behavior of others, you are showing that you ARE worthy!
By teating your ex's with dignity and respect, you are teaching others to treat you this way...keep it up and pray for those who have done you wrong...we seek for progress NOT perfection!
love and HUGS to you, Sharon

 
At 8:07 AM , Blogger lushgurl said...

p.s. did you try to follow my directions to add your links yet? I posted them on a few posts ago, as I could not e-mail you!

 
At 11:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey hey
Don't be apologetic.

For myself -
I tend to write to vent or share or whatever. Even get a bit political (tee-hee)
I guess the way I see it, it's my journal, my blog, my journey
Everyone else can read it and share - or not.

I think it's healthy.
And I'm glad you are doing the same.

Glad you are getting a new sponsor. I would be hacked-off and bitter too. :)
I hope this week sees some of your issues get resolved.

Take care, ok?

 
At 7:08 PM , Blogger Sober Steve said...

Hey Sharon sometimes venting is carrying the mesasage. You never know when there is another out there going thru the same thing that you are. they might see you stand up for yourself and get the courage to do the same.

I rant all the time,, somtimes i even put on the coat of shame and guilt that fits so well on me, but i get thru it, we all do.

Good luck with new sponser
Peace
hugs and Kisses
Steve

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home