Wednesday, October 04, 2006

I AM GRATEFUL.........

I am so thankful for the AA program, & the fellowship. Especially true friends who love me, & care for me enough that they let me know when I'm doing good, & when I'm not doing so good. They lovingly call me on my bullshit, which is my disease taking control. I am so thankful for the wise people who see me & my disease. Where would I be if it weren't for those people, who happen to be real, & true friends. I like pats on the back, but undeserved pats can kill me. I think we call that superficial, I don't want the friends who pat me on the back,no matter what, when sometimes, I need to be told when I'm screwing up, hurting myself, or others. My disease is cunning,baffling, & powerful. I don't always see that. I need friends in the program to help keep me on the spiritual path. I try to not get defensive, & know where they are coming from. Growing up is sometimes painful, embarrassing, & humbling. Therein comes willingness, & being teachable. I hope to always have that, & not get too comfortable, for change is uncomfortable. I am grateful. Have a good one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home