Sunday, September 24, 2006

A BEAUTIFUL & FUN DAY......

Yesterday was a beautiful, fun day. I started out getting quite abit done at home, which is always good. Then went to our monthly birthday potluck, it was held at the park this month. It is usually in a bldg. Had a barbecue. There were alot of people there. I had the honor of giving birthday medallions to two of my sponsees, 6mo. & 9mo. I met someone new from out of town, we exchanged email addresses. I made a new friend, that is a beautiful thing. After the potluck we went to the Firehall meeting at 8, full meeting. After the meeting, a whole bunch of us went out for coffee till about midnight. A whole day, & nite of AA & fellowshiping, I love it. There was alot of laughter. A beautiful & fun day.

I got a sponsor, finally (mine has been traveling) I think we're going to work well together. I already have an assignment. One oof the things I have to do, in a couple of weeks is write a goodbye letter to my ex, I'm still so crazy about. She's giving me two weeks, cause she knows I'm not quite ready. It makes me cry to think about it, but I know it has to be done. I will be ready, I can't carry this flame for him any longer, it hurts too much, & it gets in the way of my recovery & any futue relationship. It keeps me from moving on. I keep feeling this tug at my heart. I can still love him, but I have to move on.

For the most part I'm doing well. I'm entering into a new relationship, that I feel good about. But first, I have to let go of the 'other' one.

I have my service work in AA too, boy, that has saved me more than once. Thank God for AA & my friends. Have a good one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home