Saturday, September 16, 2006

AlANO CLUB CAMPOUT

I went to the Alano Club Campout today, had a really good time. We had a good fire going, everyone sat around it & had a meeting, then told bad jokes. There were alcoholics, addicts, alanons, codependent, & mentally ill. so we had a 12 step meeting. What a gift it is to be sober, & sit with such a variety of people, & everyone get along. We all sat there & conversed about alot of things, & we sang (it was some pretty bad singing) but it was singing, that was a beatuful thing. The whole day was beautiful! Another beautiful thing happened. I lost a resentment I'd had for quite awhile against a person who was there. Who can have a resentment on a day like today? It's what sobriety is all about. I also saw a couple of old friends I hadn't seen for a long time, it was so good to see them. You all have a good one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home