Sunday, September 10, 2006

One of the dots connected when someone at a meeting said, "It's not me changing the world & it's people, it's about me changing me, this is an inside out program". I'd heard part of this before, but when he said "it's an inside out program" a couple of more dots connected. I get the 'attraction not promotion' thing applied to my personal life as well as AA, too. I used to hang around losers cause it made me feel better about myself, & I didn't have a challenge, I became lazy. Well, I want that challenge now, it makes life more interesting, & I have to overcome my ego. When I say losers, I'm talking of people who are led by theiir ego & pride, that don't try to overcome them, or change. They stay stuck in their own mire. That's been me,at one time.
.
When I was drinking, one of my favorite bars had a clientel of people from all walks of life. I loved it! There were professionals & bikers mixing. Old, young, you name it. That's one of the things I love about AA. I guess it was a natural move for me to go from a bar like that to AA. I often think of myself as one of those losers I hung out with, but I have to change that within myself. I have to get those old tapes out....as well as my ego & pride. I have much work to do! You have a good one

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home