Sunday, September 10, 2006

MOTIVES.....

I found myself in a situation I didn't want to be in because I didn't honestly check my motives, I was too busy trying to figure out the other person's, well, I know what his were, same as mine. Had I kept the focus on myself, it would have saved some misunderstandings, & deceptiion. I knew what his were, but I kept letting him deny it, that's cause I kept denying my own. We are human, & sometimes our motives & behaviour are less than desirable. I feel better since I took a look at my part, & hopefully to remember to always check my motives, then alot of time, & stop right there.

. We not only deny our disease about drinking, we deny everything it encounters, our motives, sometimes a a little askewed from our 'intentions', we often think we have honorable intentions, but don't look at the motives behind them, motives go a little deeper. Mine were selfish & self-indulging, plain & simple, but I'm real good at dressing them up as honorable, or harmless intentions. Anytime it involves another person, it is harmful if I'm not being honesst, & I wind up blaming the other person. Yes, they have their part, but that's none of my business, To make matters worse, I cop a resentment & have to make an amends. That sucks! Besides that, I don't really know what the other person's motives were. All that I know is, we are all sick, I certainly am, this has come to the 7th step....please God don't let me judge. Have a good one. Comments are welcomed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home