Saturday, August 25, 2007

HAD A BEAUTIFUL DAY.....

I have such good friends in the program! One noticed I've been isolating quite a bit, so invited me out to his kid's place. They live out of town, in a valley by the river, the hills are nearby. It's beautiful. They run a nursery. It was so peaceful out there. We got a you bake pizza from Pappa Murphy's, they are so good! Went to 2 meetings, one at 7, the other at 10. What a lovely day it was. What I mean by being in isolation, is, I haven't been getting out to visit friends, or hang out with them. I go to lots of meetings, but that's about it. I need to hang out more, & have more fun. We are not a glum lot. I forgot thata. For some reason, my mind kept telling me I didn't have enough time to 'have fun' or hang out with friends, & I had too much to do. Well, I have time, if I manage my time. I did that yesterday, & had a full day, & I got my errands done too. I'm going to have a full day today too. When I sit home by myself too much, I start getting anxiety attacks over mostly the state of the nation. There's so much crap going on, & it's in our faces constantly. I don't like what is going on, & I feel helpless sometimes, as to what to do about it, besides voting. So I joined a war protestor group, who carries signs & protests the war. They do this every Wed. evening. That's something. I also go to a Democratic discussion forum once a month. Maybe I can make a difference, I certainly hope so. I consider myself an independent, because I really don't trust either party, or agree with everthing, the Democratic Party does, but I do moreso than the Republicans! So once in awhile you will get ranting from me on political stuff. It helps too, to get your take on what I write about. It gives me a different perspective. I want to give everything the benefit of the doubt, look at it from every angle, otherwise, I might be missing something. But therein is part of my problem, I do that & I get in my head, & start analyzing, I go overboard. I think we alcoholics/addicts tend to do that quite alot.

So I plan to have another beautiful day. I started out by having my coffe, & watering my precious flowers. They are really blooming. They're starting to grow right out of the pots, they're getting so big. I have others in the ground too, they are also doing well. I guess that covers everything for this morning, I'm going to go blog stalking now. I love it! Have a beautiful week end, you all.

3 Comments:

At 12:20 PM , Blogger Krista said...

I have to get out and see friends. I've been a homebody for awhile, my best friend is in jail and others are still party animals. But I have to get out of the house and stay busy to keep my sanity. I love your political ranting. Some people are hesitant to trash this administration, but it is too damn easy for me. I love your honesty.

 
At 2:24 AM , Blogger Shadow said...

wow, i'm like that too. the more i worry about not having enought time, the less i actually get done...

hubby's the political thrasher in our house. at one stage i even became a volunteer on a site dedicated to helping sa, but i got so depressed 'cause i couldn't actually DO anything to change the big picture, i left it alone. and now i'm happiers again. hubby keeps me informed anyway.

i hope you did have a beautiful day yesterday.... and today!

 
At 9:23 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Steppers are continually captivated by their past memories (drinking stories) & are fascinated with the dead & unchanging image of what it was like for them as practicing alcoholics. Why do they attend meetings? So they can hear the other Bill & Bob clones talk about the past & stay in the land of the dead. 12 Step programs are the greatest horror story, because the Steppers have been so indoctrinated -- they aren't aware they are lifeless robots. They can do nothing to save themselves while they continue to attend 12 Step meetings. I have had a mutation of the mind (METANOIA) -- through the saving grace of Jesus Christ. Salvation is always the ending of the mind's fascinated identification with the dead & unchanging image of what it was". It is the complete reversal of the "natural" order of things, a METANOIA -- the Greek word for repentance, meaning precisely a turning-around of the mind, so that it no longer faces into the past, the land of the shadow of death, but into the Eternal Present.
So long as the mind is captivated by memory, and really feels itself to be that past image -- which is "I", it can do nothing to save itself; its sacrifices are of no avail, & its law gives no life".
Buchman, Wilson & Smith have done an excellent job; Wilson talked to "dead people" & if you too want to talk to DEAD PEOPLE [ZOMBIES], attend an AA meeting. I hope you are enjoying my comments, Sharon? I love you, Sharon!! Do you LOVE, me? LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE!! I LOVE YOU, SHARON! JESUS DIED ON A CROSS FOR YOUR SINS, SHARON! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!LOVE! I love you, Sharon!! Do you LOVE, me? LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE!! I LOVE YOU, SHARON! JESUS DIED ON A CROSS FOR YOUR SINS, SHARON! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!LOVE!
Peace Be With You
Micky

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home