Monday, January 14, 2008

I'M FEELING BETTER......

I've been meaning to mention this, & kept forgetting. We lost a blogger. She goes by Wine-o. Haven't seen a new post for months. I really liked her posts, & comments, & was starting to feel connected with her, I miss her. Maybe we could all say a prayer for her, that she is ok, & still sober. She was growing, & doing so well, then she dropped off the face of the blog world.

I went to my first step study meeting last nite. I am so excited about it. We're doing an in depth step study, using the BB, & the 12&12, & each other. There are about 10 of us, a great group of women who's sobriety is anywhere from 2 mos. to 27 yrs. This will get my butt in gear, it's just what I needed!

I'm going to a quarterly next week end. That will be fun, & a learning experience. I love quarterlies, assemblies, conferences, in other words, AA functions.

I must have had a change in attitude, I'm feeling pretty good, & have for a few days now. I read something on Shadow's post for today, & it was helpful, & simple. Her thot for the day was: If you're feeling good, be grateful, if you're feeling bad, be graceful.
Now I know what to do when I'm feeling bad, I don't have to wallow in those bad feelings.

In that step study group, we don't read the step in the group, we do it at home, & write about it, then discuss it in group.

It feels so good to feel good. I was having these fears come up, & anxiety, & getting lazy about working the program, & taking care of myself. I went to some meetings, & heard what I needed to hear. I'm so thankful for meetings, for the program, & the fellowship, & my blogger friends, & my HP, of course.

You all have a great monday.

5 Comments:

At 3:30 AM , Blogger Pammie said...

I love step studies!
And in a small group...fabulous!

 
At 4:56 AM , Blogger Michael said...

Hi Sharron,
I used to go to BB study every thursday then I missed a couple of weeks and gradually stopped going, yes you are right I need to start again, one meeting per week isnt enough, its ok to keep me sober, ill never go back to that hell again, but I need more spiritual progress dont I

 
At 11:55 AM , Blogger Syd said...

Step Studies are really good. We are doing steps and traditions in my home group. I never get enough of it.

 
At 7:25 AM , Blogger Shadow said...

i also used to enjoy wine-o. i wonder what happened...

anyway, i'm glad you're happy again. i can 'hear' it in your tone of 'voice'.

 
At 4:20 AM , Blogger pamela said...

I think I hide behind a mask too. Well, it's time to pull it down. I just have to work out who I am first. That might take a while! rehab facilities

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home