Saturday, January 05, 2008

2 YEARS OF SOBRIETY.......

Well, things are getting back to normal for me, & I'm coming out of my funk. Sometimes tho, I get this anxiety, out of the blue, for no reason. I feel a sense of doom with it, I don't like this at all. Some say it's my ptsd, some say it's anxiety, & some say it's my alcoholism, & it's normal for the first 4 or 5 years of sobriety. You mean I have to go thru this another 2 years? I hope not. I've been riding it thru, & telling myself it's not real, everything is ok, & talking to god. It does pass eventually, but it comes back. Maybe it is just part of early sobriety. I don't want to go thru the first 2 yrs. ever again. I'll have 3 yrs. next month. It's not that I'm this way all the time, or that I don't have joy, I do, & I enjoy my joy, a little pun there.

I do seem to be more centered these days, now that there's some routine in my life. Am starting on my 8th step, that's a hard one, it's painful. I pray to remain willing. I'm ready for that twist in the mind, the 8th step talks about in the 12&12. Those little twists in our thinking, what a miracle those are. Most of the time I don't realise it till after the fact, they're little spiritual experiences. Another thing that has helped me thru this anxiety stuff is that I remain grateful, I feel it inside, & it gets me thru the anxiety. I truly am grateful for the gift of sobriety, I am blessed with so much good stuff in my life, I don't ever want to take it for granted. I heard, then I learned to want what I have at any given moment. You all have a great week end!

11 Comments:

At 1:37 AM , Blogger Shadow said...

nearly 3 years, wow, that's wonderful, you've done GREAT!

that sense of doom i also get. i normally get it when things are going just right, no major ups or downs to worry about, just an even keel. but i'm learning to see it for what i think it is... a little bit of boredom. my mind starts playing tricks then, looking for an up or down just because things are normal...

 
At 3:16 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:27 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:23 AM , Blogger sharonsjourney said...

Micky, You are not welcomed on my blog, please refrain yourself, & stay off. Get back on your meds!

 
At 1:11 PM , Blogger sharonsjourney said...

Micky, Quit using what doesn't work. You'll never get anywhere as long as you use God as a weapon. Try love as a pursuasion, not weanpry as a force.

 
At 8:28 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:44 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 5:06 AM , Blogger Michael said...

3 years sober sharron well done, my writers block has dissapeared over the weekend and I feel ok this morning.
sobriety is like an never ending escallator which is constantly going down and you never reach the top, I have heard people say after 10 years this happens etc, but its spiritual progress and never spiritual perfection, well some people think they are spiritually perfect dont they!

 
At 8:17 AM , Blogger Syd said...

Sharon, I get anxious some days too and then I'll get busy or turn it over and I'll be better. For me, it's just the process of getting better.

 
At 2:40 PM , Blogger Shannon said...

Happy almost 3yrs!!! and just keep doing what you are. suiting up and showing up... talking, praying readng, being kind to yourself...
I had a lot of anxiety when I first got sober. My sponsor had my write a gratitude list every night, it helped, because my braining was getting out of the negative and into the positive... hang in there (((HUGS)))

 
At 1:54 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Shannon,
I'm sorry if some of my comments were judgmental & shaming.

God Bless You
Micky

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home