Thursday, September 20, 2007

WHILE I'M HAVING COFFEE.....

I'm feeling so much better today. A friend of mine said to just be there for my friend, & listen listen listen. I find it's hard to be around alcoholics/addicts who are in their disease, & denial. Something doesn't register with them. It's kinda crazy making for me. I want so much to help, I want to hug them, & shake them, at the same time.

I am feeling much better tho. I spent the morning stalking my blogger friends. I love getting up early in the morning & doing that, while I'm having my coffee. I also talked to my sister & confidante last nite about this whole situation, she was a big help, she's so wise. I talked to a couple of friends too. So I feel more grounded now. I have to watch myself, & not get judgemental when I'm dealing with my friend, I have to remember she's in her disease. It sure has changed her, & I don't like the change. But I know the real her, when she is sober & working the steps. She has a big heart, & has been a good friend. I can't deny her, now that she needs people who care.

I spent last nite visiting with a dear friend, & brother in recovery. I'm so grateful for him. We studied tradition one. I love that tradition, it's about unity. We're going to do this at least once a week, till we get thru the traditions, then go back to the steps. I get so much more out of studies when it's just another person, or a small group, then you can discuss, & really study them, pick them apart. I love it!

I think I need to let some of my blogger friends who use to visit sharonsjourney quite often, & don't anymore, that I've changed my blog title to fellow traveler, but that my pen name is still sharonsjourney. It's either that, or my posts have become boring. I hope it's not the latter. For those of you who are visiting, would you get the word out to them? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

You all have a great thurs. I will too. Keep On Keepin' On!

4 Comments:

At 10:48 PM , Blogger Shadow said...

hey! one day away from friday! yipheeeee.

p.s. i love your posts.

 
At 2:42 PM , Blogger Most of Martha Woodroof in one place said...

Your posts are never boring. I like keeping up with your life. It makes me feel as though you really are my fellow traveler.

 
At 9:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's fantastic that you have a recovery buddy :)
keep kickin'!

I haven't forgotten you. And I am really glad that we are both kickin' one day at a time.
Stay cool
Sigh. Now back to my studies...

 
At 4:50 AM , Blogger lushgurl said...

Sharon....Here I am!!!
Do you know that I think of you even when I'm not here?
Do you know that I too am now being affected by someone elses' drinking?
Do you know that true friends, like the seasons, will constantly change, and then return to where they were before?
Do you know that I love you?

GOOD! 'cause I truly do!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home