Wednesday, September 12, 2007

BIRTHDAY.....

Today is my bellybutton birthday, I am now officially a senior citizen (62) yuk! But since being in recovery I keep feeling younger. I got some birthday calls singing me happy BD., & a whole shit load of chocolates delivered by my sis. She knows I love chocolate. I have so many I'm going to share them with friends. Am going over to some friend's house tonite after the BB Study meeting, for pizza, I'll take some of the chocolates over there. My sponsor loves chocolate, so I'll take some to her too. One of the neatest BD gifts was, a friend of mine who went back out, was in a meeting today. I hadn't seen nor heard from her for a couple of weeks, & there she was in the noon meeting. She had 12 hrs. sober, & was pretty shakey. So her new sobriety date is my birthday. My sponsor celebrated 27 yrs. sobriety today, that was another birthday gift. I am so grateful to be sober today. Six people I know went back out just recently. Is it this time of year? What is going on? Seeing how they are, really hits home with me, the shame, the fear, the isolation, the shakes. Boy, I don't want to go back to that. One of my sponsees, well she fired me & got another sponsor, & went out shortly after that. She asked me if I would sponsor her again, I said yes, but that I expected her to follow suggestions, & not fire me whenever she gets upset with me. I understand that, I did it, & I told her that, you have to ride it out with your sponsor/sponsee, unless there's too big of a clash, on both sides. She is hyper sensitive, like we are when we're new especially. I still am, but not like I used to be. Anyway, am having a great day.

4 Comments:

At 7:11 PM , Blogger Krista said...

HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY, BIRTHDAY, GIRLIE. Enjoy your day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 10:38 PM , Blogger Shadow said...

that's just SUPER! happy birthday! sounds like a wonderful day ahead!!! i'll be thinking about you!

 
At 10:45 PM , Blogger sharonsjourney said...

Thank you both, I had a wonderful day, except for some bad news about a friend, didn't let it ruin my day tho, I spent it with good friends in recovery.

 
At 3:25 AM , Blogger Pammie said...

oo I'm sorry I missed your birthday post. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home