Saturday, December 30, 2006

WORLD PERSPECTIVE SERIES..........

I want to turn you on to World Perspectives Series, edited by Dr. Ruth Nanden Ashden. The series is dedicated to the concept of man born out of a universe perceived thru a fresh vision of realilty. It's aim is to present short books written by the most conscious & responsible minds of today. Each volume represents the thot & belief of each author & sets forth the interrelation of the changing religios, scientific, artistic, political, economic, & social influences upon man's total experience.

I read only one book, & I am hooked. The book is titled The Art of Loving by Erich Fromm. It is packed full of the kind of information I've been looking for, for years. It answered so many of my questiions concerning these very topics. I can't wait to read the others. This is my new involvement, along with AA. Which, by the way, this author writes about the same principles as the program, there is no contradiction, except a little different view of a higher power, which is ok. I am so fired up about this. The timing was perfect. I'm at the end of my first step. This book helps me with my second & third step. I believe I can finally believe, & surrender to a God of my understanding. At least my mind is opened more, I have a better understanding of a personal relationship with God. This book gives me new hope & more faith. It gives me a new direction.

Don't miss this!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home